Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller iPad Demo Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by KatieHal, Feb 22, 2013.

1. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    #1 KatieHal, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    Hello! I'm Katie Hallahan, one of the developers of Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller, an episodic point-and-click adventure game coming to the iPad on February 28th!

And I come bearing promo codes to check out the demo of Episode 1 prior to release! We've got a limited number available via YayCodes on a first-come, first-serve basis.

What's Cognition?

In Cognition, you take on the role of Erica Reed, a Boston-based FBI Agent who uses her ability of post-cognition, which allows her to touch objects and see visions of the past, to hunt down serial killers, always hoping she'll find the one who killed her younger brother Scott three years ago but was never caught.

Episode 1: The Hangman: When Erica and her partner John, the only one who knows her secret, investigate the crime scene of a brutal hanging of an unidentified man, Erica begins finding clues specifically for someone with her ability, Who's leaving these clues? How do they know about what she can do, and what do they want from her?

One of IndieGames.com's Top 10 Adventures of 2012, Episodes 1 and 2 are already out for PC & Mac, and we're very excited that Cognition Episode 1 will be available on the iPad on Februrary 28th. Grab a promo code and enjoy the sneak peek!

LINKS

Episode 1 iPad Trailer

Facebook

Twitter

Greenlight

PC/Mac Gameplay Trailer

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    I participate it.. :) but unfortunately, i can't redeem it cause i don't have US account

3. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    #3 KatieHal, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
    Hi copaeci,

It should be usable worldwide, I didn't add any settings to restrict who had access to redeeming the codes.

If you've tried and it's still not working, do let me know and I'll see what we can do to get it working for you. :)

4. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    Promo codes for lite version?

5. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Yes, these are for the demo--the full version and the demo are releasing on the 28th, so these codes are for getting a look at the game before it releases.

The demo has about 5 scenes in it and covers the first 20-30 minutes of gameplay, so you get a good feel for what the full game is like. :)

6. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Got the demo! The game is very well done!
    Thanks!!

7. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

8. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    hi, thanks.. I've already redeemed the code. That's not same as the typing on iTunes Store Contract. I can redeem it on my appstore. I'll tell my impression later

9. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Glad it was redeemable for you :)

10. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Five more codes have opened up and are now available!

11. copaeci

Nov 2, 2012
    ID
    I've played the lite version today... What can I say, it's an awesome game, with beautiful hand drawing graphics, great voice acting. The story (though still bit caused I played the lite ver) was amazing. Erica's ability really impressed me. This game has a great gameplay. I can't wait to play the full version tomorrow.. :) thanks for sharing the code..

12. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Awesome to hear, thank you copaeci! Enjoy the full game when you get it :)

13. nhocham

nhocham Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I love point-and-click games and after watching the impressive trailer I think your app is solid and potential but I hope you will make the iphone version too

14. francescoted95

francescoted95 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2013
    one code 4 me?

15. kukenwa

kukenwa Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Please give me a promo code. Thanks:D

16. KatieHal

KatieHal Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Hi folks! Thank you for the interest--the promo codes are gone, but we also released today, so you don't need them anymore :)

The demo is available for free on the App Store here: https://itunes.apple.com/app/cognition-lite/id598758528

It'll give you a good idea of the game's story & gameplay style and has about 20-30 minutes of gameplay in it, and two possible endings. Enjoy! :)