The Last of Us [PS3]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by september, Jun 10, 2013.

1. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    So who's getting this this week? Been on media blackout but with what little bits have filtered through it seems to be being well received.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I guess still a few more Days till it`s finally getting shipped. Didn`t got yet my Amazon Delivery...

3. I am jealous of everyone here who owns a PS3...this game looks so freaking awesome

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I've heard nothing but good things about this (apart from an occasionally wonky AI), so I'm really sad I don't have a way to play this. Maybe I'll spend a weekend over at my friend's house soon...

...consequently, he does own a PS3.

In other news, will the PS4 play PS3 games?

5. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I've been playing the heck out of the demo since downloading it. It's pretty short (even for a demo) but its getting me pumped for picking up the full game on Friday!

6. Nope. The only 8th gen console doing backwards compatibility is the Wii U

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Which Version did you Folks ordered?

I got myself the...

[​IMG]

...Edition but probably will take a look at the Ellie Edition too since my Neighbour has ordered it for his Girlfriend.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    And it still has a weaker library!

9. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    I don't think he was arguing the quality of Wii U's library, just merely pointing out that it's the only new gen system that's backwards compatible.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    Yeah I know. I was arguing that it's almost pointless. Either that or necessary to make the console look less dry and barren.

11. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Yeah, I agree. The backwards compatability certainly fills in during this longer than usual dry spell... unfortunately, it's still not quite enough. If they'd opened up the entire VC library then that would help a bit, but that's not the case.

12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Yeah I ended up with the same edition, I'm not sure what I'll do with all the extra bits and pieces but the artbook should be a nice to have.

13. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Pre-ordered the normal steelbook version. I really have no room for all extra bonuses. Heard it would be released a day earlier in my region. Totally hyped and excited for that day to come.

14. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    My brother has played his PS3 for 10 hours total since getting it for Christmas. He thought my parents would get him rated M titles, lol. Seriously considering getting The Last of Us to play on his PS3 along with some other PS3 exclusives like the Uncharted series.

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Welcome on Board. I`m too an late PS3 Owner after buying the Console first on Launch Day and afterwards selling it to some Linux Guru at my Company.

Got a new one earlier this Year and since then I already got a bunch of Classics and buy every few months another bunch of PS3 Games.

PS:

Got an Xbox 360 the same Day I bought the PS3 so there are still a lot of Games I will buy in the upcoming Months till the Xbox One will hit the Market :D

16. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Since I`m only buying 100% exclusive Nintendo titles for it I`m not really seeing it as a weaker library simple because the titles that I buy for it are only available on the Wii/WiiU.

I see it more an an "Long Time Investment" and not an Console that I use on a daily base similar to my PS3/Xbox360 or in a few Months PS4/Xbox One.

It really does depend on what you want to use your Console for or why you are getting it and so far even that I had regret it for the first few Months buying an WiiU I see it now in a different light but I can for sure understand everyone who hates his WiiU if he had thought that he will get every six Months a new great exlusive title and is now pissed for not buying an old PS3 instead.

17. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    If I was rich enough, I'd own a Wii U just for the few exclusives, but I can't say even then I'd love the console. Nintendo have repeatedly admitted quite openly that their strategy is not to advance too much. They want to keep their games simple because that's what brings children into gaming. Makes perfect sense, any kid seeing the Wii U exclusives is going to want that more than Forza or Destiny, but for those of us who have already owned 3+ Nintendo consoles it's starting to get a little repetitive. At E3 the first things they announced were another Mario game and another Mario Kart, and I get the feeling I've seen and done it all not just once, but many times over by now.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Now in my hands, have to wait for the wife to finish with the TV and them we're away

19. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Currently playing through it. I normally don't buy into hype but man, this game is awesome. The sheer attention to the smallest little detail is staggering. I picked the game up this morning (launch day for us UK folk) and also pre-ordered my PS4 at the same time... the thought of what Naughty Dog can do with such powerful hardware leaves me salivating!

20. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008