OrangePixel 99c SALE (Meganoid, Stardash, INC, Super Drill Panic)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Nov 25, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician

Meganoid

Pascal Bestebroer
    "If you’re hungry for a classic gaming challenge that doesn’t conform to the usual standards of app game platformers, Me…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "If you’re hungry for a classic gaming challenge that doesn’t conform to the usual standards of app game platformers, Meganoid is worth a long look." - Appolicious 4/5 "If you enjoy platformers and especially if you played and enjoyed League of Evil, I highly recommend the game." - Pixelated sausage 4/5 "If you don’t mind dying millions of times and love retro-style games, then be sure to give this decent platformer a shot." - Slidegamer "For those of you that grew up on the Nintendo like I did, this game is for you." - PocketfulofMB - Game of the week Meganoid gets most of it’s inspiration from 80s and 90s games, the pixel-art graphic style is on purpose! ** THIS GAME IS NOT EASY! Each challenging level can be completed within a minute of gaming, making the pace of the game pretty fast, but many levels require multiply tries to complete. New levels will be added in updates! On top of the OpenFeint achievement challenges, every level also rewards you with a Time star and a Diamond star to collect! ** CONTENTS: 90 hard levels, playable in three modes: Hero mode, Sarge mode and Oreah mode -- Sarge and Oreah mode need unlocking! More levels are coming in updates soon, check our blog to keep informed! ** GAME STYLE Meganoid comes in full 8bit retro pixelart style, complete with chiptune and sound effects, we personally love this style, and it fits the genre! This could be the coolest 2d platform side scroller you can find ;) Keep updated on this game by checking: http://www.orangepixel.net/meganoid/ ** BUGS if you run into problems or the game wont work on your device, instead of just rating 1 star, you could help us fix it by providing feedback! ** WHAT OTHERS SAID: "It's hard, it's fast and it's very addictive!" - Thotep "The retro feel is spot on with it's devious levels and secret areas" - MadElk "Relive the NES-period! :-)" - Gert-Jan "Just what I needed... ...another hugely frustrating 8-bit-style game to destroy my sanity" - hopscotchjunkie "Exactly how a platform game should be." - Elliot "Start playing this pearl." - Salih
    Information
    Seller:Pascal Bestebroer
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Jun 09, 2011
    Updated:Sep 14, 2012
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (7)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Stardash

Pascal Bestebroer
    Not just the looks of a classic game, also the gameplay of a classic platformer. This game is NOT EASY! you have an endl…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Not just the looks of a classic game, also the gameplay of a classic platformer. This game is NOT EASY! you have an endless amount of lives, so you can quickly restart a level when you miss a jump, get hit by an enemy, get bitten by a plant, get hit by a spiky-ball, crushed by big statues, run onto spikes, get hit by a wasp, or any of the other many ways you’ll get stopped in your run. BUT when you do complete a level, the rush you get will keep you coming back for more, and more, and more, and.. Unlock special temple levels by finding hidden keys, unlock a flip-mode by completing a level both within the time set, and also by collecting all the coins in a level. Stardash is all about the gameplay thrown at you in awesome retro graphics and original chiptunes. ** OTHERS SAY: "all the ingredients needed for platforming excellence" - iFanzine "Orange Pixel nailed everything they were going for in this veritable symphony of old school gaming." - Appolicious "back to my early years, playing my favorite platform games" - unbound gamer "if you’re not gonna grab this, you will miss something truly wonderful" - app-score
    Information
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:Sep 21, 2011
    Updated:Aug 17, 2022
    Version:2.0.4
    Size:68.5 MB
    User Rating: (4)

INC

Pascal Bestebroer
    The year 2135, the world is ruled by Corporations, humans are slowly being replaced by robots and machines, and the most…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The year 2135, the world is ruled by Corporations, humans are slowly being replaced by robots and machines, and the most powerful humans are now looking for ways to transfer their souls into robots, for eternal life. Doctor Robotus is kidnapped in front of your eyes, can you become the savior? Fight your way thru four stylish worlds, surviving a large variation of different robots and machines that only have one mission, stop you from reaching your goal: saving Dr Robotus! Level up your skills, become more powerful and stronger as you progress through the game. *** "OrangePixel has released their latest action platform game, named simply: INC, which is probably my favorite of their releases." 4/5 TouchArcade "[INC] is a game that all fans of old-school gaming should snag, as well as casual gamers" 4/5 AppShack "INC is one of the better games I’ve downloaded recently. The look, feel and sounds in the game really add a vintage mood to the game." 9/10 AppScore
    Information
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Nov 10, 2011
    Updated:Sep 07, 2018
    Version:2.0.3
    Size:59.5 MB
    User Rating: (2)

Super Drill Panic

Get ready for an adventure!

The AppShack 9 / 10 - "The graphics are Orange Pixel Retro goodness, sounds, m…
    $1.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Get ready for an adventure!

The AppShack 9 / 10 - "The graphics are Orange Pixel Retro goodness, sounds, music, it all feels like an old-school game, filled with action"

Escape the many dangers in this fun retro arcade game. Steal treasure, collect coins, upgrade your adventurer gear, and RUN as fast as you can, because there is a huge boulder coming at you!

** This game STARTS easy, but becomes much HARDER !

Super Drill Panic features many challenging levels where you have to grab as many coins and items as you can while running and dropping down. The time limit is set by a huge boulder chasing you down, and you don't want to get crushed by it!

This pixel art retro game is an adventure full of twists and challenges: Falling blocks, walls blocking your path, lasers, razors, shooting arrows, powerups, upgrades, levels to unlock and much much more.. give it a try!
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Aug 29, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Hmmm... Stardash or INC?

Leaning towards Stardash, imo.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Funny, I was thinking the same question. We need syntheticvoid here ASAP to give us his professional platformer opinion. :)

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I think I'll go for Stardash, it looks more like Meganoid and INC doesn't look like my thing, really..

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Grabbing INC. Thanks for the sale. Stardash is great. Didn't like Meganoid though.

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Was also looking at Super Drill Panic and looked up the main thread on it. So it used to be a free game with ads?

Strange, with the trend we've been seeing, it's usually paid games going freemium with ads and/or IAPs. Never saw it the other way around.

Did they get rid of the ads, I assume? And those who were lucky enough to get it while it was free now have a paid game without ads? Just curious.

Looked like it could be fun, but reviews were mixed because of the ads.

7. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Sweet, will be picking up Stardash and Inc tonight :cool:

8. TimEggers

TimEggers Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Shipping
    Tiskilwa, IL
    Just did...Stardash is just too sexy on the white iPhone 4S...brings back my original Gameboy days! Love it!

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Stardash is awesome, but haven't tried INC yet. Meganoid is normal, not the best, but still okay.

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Didn't really like meganoid but I've just picked up stardash for the style alone

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    =oP

I'm a huge Orange Pixel fanatic...

But if you're only going to get one -

Meganoid is more focused around exploration as well as speedrunning, and has TONS of levels that you can play with the regular character, the sarge character (harder difficulty), and the oreah character (level's reversed)

Stardash is more focused on speedruns, and kind of like 1-bit ninja, like finding the fastest route possible. There are hidden areas, and pathways, and finding each level's hidden item will open up a secret level at the end of the worlds...

INC is more focused around run'n'gun platforming, and is probably the one that is more open to casual gamers out of the 3 platformers that OP has out for the iOS. =oP
    Though it does involve some speed (getting all 3 beacons lit up before your timer runs out), it's not as strict as Meganoid or Stardash.

Super Drill Panic was free when it first came out, and did have ads. The ads were removed and it was changed to a paid app. Those that got the game for free when it first came out had their versions upgraded for free. SDP is the closest to a casual arcade game that OP has got - you tap on the left and right sides of the screen to move your character left and right, while falling down from platform to platform, collecting items, and escaping the boulder or bars (depending on which character you're playing with) - there's also a shop where you can upgrade items, and a final endless level for both characters that opens up after you beat all the character's levels.

=o)

Hope it helps a little...

I've got all 4, and they're all NEVER leaving my device... so... =oP

12. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    snagged INC and Stardash...already have Meganoid!
    Thanks for the sale, go Orangepixel go!

13. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I wholeheartedly agree with syntheticvoid, I have all four of these wonderful pieces of heaven, and I will never, EVER delete any of them.

If you know what's good for you, you'd buy all 4 right now!!

That's my word.

14. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Already had Meganoid, but snagged the other three!

15. spidey

spidey Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    India
    will get meganoid, inc, and stardash. Good sale :)

16. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy

No, I don't believe you...too empathic, thus false. sorry

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    lmao...

damn people get crazy 'round the holidays. =oP

18. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Well, maybe I did overexaggerate, but yeah I was a bit too excited at seeing so many awesome games go on sale on one day.

But still, the fact of the matter is, I really, really love OrangePixel's games. :p

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I liked Meganoid and League of Evil (yes, I know that's not OrangePixel, but they're in the same vein as far as hard-as-nails platformers go to me). Haven't finished either because while I like platformers, I'm not great at those Super Meatboy-style short level, get killed a half-million times type games. Both have a steady place on my iPod though!

Guess that's why I didn't pick up Stardash and INC. immediately, but am pleasantly surprised by them. Lot of fun and definately different in style.

Still wish OrangePixel or Ravenous Games would make a long-form Mario length level game.

Super Drill Panic is also a nice surprise. Thanks for the sale!

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same, OrangePixel is one of my favourite devs. I will never remove Stardash and if I come around grabbing INC, I won't that either. But I did remove Meganoid, cause I found it challenging, but oddly boring.