Iphone 4 is getting old...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Anonomation, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Mainly for the larger display (rumour) and the new chip.. hopefully with more RAM. better for emulators... only downfall will be waiting for the jailbreak..again.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #22 psj3809, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    But when do you stop ? What happens if you get an iphone 6 in say October then a few months later they talk about the super quick iphone 7 ?

I mean looking at the charts and that the iphone 5s is SUPER quick anyway, what are you trying to emulate ? An xbox/latest playstation ?!?

Seriously though you've got a super fast device, you can play tons of emulators, dont see why for now you would need to change?

Arent you on some 12-18 month contract ? Or just money to throw away at another new iphone ! Not knocking you its just the iphone 5s is very powerful already, surely you've only had that a few months ?? Bit like saying to people 'i want to get rid of my Porsche as the new one comes out in a few months....' !

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    I'm only thinking about it.. becz someone actually wants my iPhone.. he will pay cash. So I'm thinking i might do so... and get a nice upgrade.. even though.. i don't need to.

4. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #24 cloudpuff, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
    I'm pretty much the same as you, I'll be hanging onto my mini until it gives up the ghost, my laptop is five years old and still works like new, my phone, a Nokia n8 I paid almost four hundred for about three four years ago is just about to give up the ghost so I'll be getting a new one.
    I personally can't justify spending money on expensive gadgets just to keep up with the trends when my daughter needs so many things and there's so many things to be done around the house. I'll upgrade when what I have doesn't work any longer.

Edited to add- not slagging those off who do upgrade with each new device, just that I couldn't cos I'd feel guilty .

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah fair point, sorry wasnt moaning at you before. But yeah if you get a good price for it and then you realise 'i only have to pay x amount more....' then it might be worth it.

Must admit i'm over the moon with the jump to my iphone 4s, so many more games i can install which didnt work on my iphone 4 (or crashed). I must admit i'm embarassed to say the only negative is gameboy games run way too quick on Awesome Baby Names (Remember that secret GBA emulator which is now not available) , so i'm disappointed i cant play those old GB games anymore as they run too quick !

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    People buy the latest iPhones because the older ones break or become incompatible. My iPhone 3G can last for less than 5min after it is fully charged.

My iPhone 3GS' power button fell out.

My iPhone 4 suffered from the non stop vibration bug and I threw it away as I thought it would explode.

Not the most lasting of mobiles, but the browser is great compared to the Windows Mobile ones.

7. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    If you decide to jailbreak, get retro arch.. The GBA emu runs fine.

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i'm torn, never have jailbroken yet, to be fair i use my android tablet for emulation mostly. Plus i've got the latest firmware on my phone so i'm sure thats not jailbroken yet

9. aikavari

aikavari Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    I just got a 4S LOL... My wife traded up to 5S since his mobile plan is over and she got it as part of a new contract... Instead of selling it, I thought id use it. :)

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah I'm doing that. My wife somehow wants the latest iPhone like her friends, wouldn't be so bad but she has about 5 apps for it and pays a huge high monthly cost. A joke really

On the plus side I then get her old phone when she trades up

11. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah it is. Unsure if there'll be a new iPod touch, hope so

12. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #32 vii-Lucky, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    I did say 6th gen because it's rumored to be same specs as iPhone 5s and it's going to be great for gaming.
    And iPod touch always same number as the iPhone

iPhone 5 release of iPod touch 5th
    iPhone 6 release of iPod touch 6th

And he can keep his iPhone for it's phone features.

13. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    vii-Lucky are you drunk? iphone5(A6 and 1gb ram) is not same as ipod 5G(A5 and 512ram)

14. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    #34 vii-Lucky, Feb 9, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    I dont think you get the idea.

The NUMBERS! not the specs!

I'm gonna change that previous post for the sake of people like you.

15. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Great, now I'm afraid of what I started.