ZENONIA® & Zenonia® 2 --> free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by iND, Dec 21, 2011.

1. iND

iND Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    #1 iND, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011

ZENONIA®

THE RETURN OF CLASSIC ACTION RPG

AWARDS:
    Best Adventure/RPG Game from The Pocket Gamer Awards 2010: iPhone…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    THE RETURN OF CLASSIC ACTION RPG

AWARDS:
    Best Adventure/RPG Game from The Pocket Gamer Awards 2010: iPhone
    Best Game of 2009 by Apple's Rewind 2009
    Best RPG Game of 2009 by IGN
    Best Role Playing iPod Touch and iPhone Game of 2009 by Touch Arcade
    Top 10 iPhone Games of 2009 by AppGamer
    Best RPG 2009 by TouchGen
    Editor's Choice Award by IGN

ZENONIA, has become the frontrunner of the Classic RPG Genre in App Store. It ensures vast amounts of adventure, hours of playing time, hundreds of items, skill and quest which follows an epic storyline.

─────────────────────

CRITICS SAY

Ranked No.1 iPhone RPG
    - IGN Game Reviews (9/10)

“ZENONIA harkens back to Link to the Past, the bestselling 16-bit chapter in the long-running Zelda franchise, but with graphics that are much closer to Phantom Hourglass for the Nintendo DS.”
    - IGN EDITOR'S CHOICE AWARD (9/10)

“If you've been looking for something on the App Store that compares to the classic 16-bit RPG's from days of yore, ZENONIA may just be what you've been searching for. GAMEVIL seems to have designed this game specifically for gamers clamoring for a classic action RPG experience.”
    - Touch Arcade

“The game looks like a souped-up version of Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past for the SNES, with more animation, brighter colors, and more complex game play such as thousands of weapons and items to collect and a full Diablo-like skill tree.”
    - SlideToPlay

─────────────────────

FEATURES

NUMEROUS QUESTS FOLLOWING AN EPIC STORYLINE
    Extensive playing time of over 40 hours to conquer the main and side quests

CREATE YOUR OWN CHARACTER
    Choose your hero from 3 different classes; warrior, paladin and assassin. Customize your attributes accordingly

HUNDREDS OF ITEMS
    Collect items from 5 different classes(normal, magic, rare, unique and epic) to enchant or combine them for upgrades

STUNNING EFFECTS AND GRAPHICS
    Anime style characters and graphics, along with various stylish skill effects

INNOVATIVE REAL LIFE SYSTEM
    Day/night cycle, hunger/weight system and good/evil storyline path to choose from

─────────────────────

OTHER GAMEVIL GAMES

Air Penguin
    Baseball Superstars® II
    Baseball Superstars® 2010 HD
    Boom It Up!
    Chalk n' Talk
    DESTINIA
    HYBRID: Eternal Whisper
    HYBRID 2: Saga of Nostalgia
    ILLUSIA
    KAMI RETRO
    KAMI RETRO HD
    LAST WAR
    NOM: Billion Year Timequest
    NOM 5
    Skipping Stone
    Soccer Superstars® 2011 Pro
    VANQUISH: The Oath of Brothers
    ZENONIA® 3

─────────────────────

NEWS & EVENTS

Website http://www.gamevil.com
    Facebook http://facebook.com/gamevil
    Twitter http://twitter.com/gamevil
    YouTube http://youtube.com/gamevil
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:May 24, 2009
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (5)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

ZENONIA® 2

✩★ GAMEVIL’S FREE APP DEAL! ★✩

The FULL game of ZENONIA 2 is FREE now! Get the full game while it lasts!
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ✩★ GAMEVIL’S FREE APP DEAL! ★✩

The FULL game of ZENONIA 2 is FREE now! Get the full game while it lasts!

─────────────────────

Rebirth of ZENONIA, the Benchmark of Classic Action RPG
    Reached No. 1 Top Grossing Game in the US

ZENONIA® 2: The Lost Memories has been highly enhanced in every aspect compared to the original.
    Full character and control customization, four characters following individual epic storylines, three different modes, asynchronous online PvP feature and an extended world of ZENONIA guarantee greater enjoyment!

─────────────────────

CRITICS SAY

"ZENONIA was among the first "full" RPG experiences on the iPhone. Its sequel is something which will no doubt be as highly anticipated as its initial release."
    Touch Arcade

"ZENONIA 2: The Lost Memories waxes nostalgic with gameplay that puts The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past to shame."
    Pocket Gamer

"Expect ZENONIA 2 to storm the App Store just like its predecessor."
    IGN

"We're impressed that ZENONIA 2 manages to improve on the original in nearly every meaningful way."
    Slide to Play

─────────────────────

USERS SAY

"If you liked the first ZENONIA, this one is a must buy. If you didn't, it just fixed everything you didn't like."
    Sixes

"A new big brother to the iPhone classic ZENONIA is out, bringing with it an amazing storyline, eye-popping graphics and intense gameplay that won't disappoint even the biggest RPG fans."
    iTouch.lover22

"ZENONIA 2 relinquishes nostalgia on those familiar with old SNES action RPGs, but brings enough new flavor to attract new fans."
    Adeezy

"This is hands down THE most complete RPG in the app store; a new bar has been set."
    New England Gamer

"The groundbreaking sequel to ZENONIA has arrived, and it will blow you away!"
    mfrapp20

"I am just amazed at how much improvement has been made from the already amazing ZENONIA."
    Nohero

─────────────────────

FEATURES

EXTENSIVE HORIZON OF ZENONIA
    152 different maps and 98 quests following an epic storyline for each character.

FOUR DISTINCTIVE CLASSES
    Melee and Range type classes to choose from; Paladin, Shooter, Magician and Warrior.

IMPROVED CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
    Millions of costumes combinations and thousands of items to customize by combining or refining.

ENRICHED SKILL EFFECTS & USER-INTERFACE
    Stunning skill effects for each character and intuitive user interface.

THREE DIFFERENT MODES WITH PVP ARENA
    Normal, Hard and Hell Mode along with an asynchronous online PvP arena to challenge friends.

─────────────────────

OTHER GAMEVIL GAMES

Baseball Superstars® 2010 HD
    Baseball Superstars® 2011
    Boom It Up!
    HYBRID: Eternal Whisper
    HYBRID 2: Saga of Nostalgia
    ILLUSIA
    KAMI RETRO
    NOM: Billion Year Timequest
    Soccer Superstars®
    VANQUISH: The Oath of Brothers
    ZENONIA®

─────────────────────

NEWS & EVENTS

Website http://www.gamevil.com
    Facebook http://facebook.com/gamevil
    Twitter http://twitter.com/gamevil
    YouTube http://youtube.com/gamevil
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Role Playing
    Release:Mar 29, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (19)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    nice... will grab it as soon as it stops being modified

3. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Got it. 3 Is free but very IAP heavy, this one should be better hopefully.

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Be careful. The links above for 1 and 2 appear to be the real deal. But all three Zenonias have "free" versions and paid versions. The difference is just that you get more money to start with in the paid versions.

The ones that are always free have a "." at the end. Personally, I think Gamevil is getting a little deceptive in the way they're doing things now and I'm not liking it.

That said, I just got the paid version of Zenonia 3 yesterday, and so far it's great and don't see a need for the IAPs yet. We'll see how that goes. Reviews don't seem to complain to much about IAPs (but again, they also use another crappy practice, giving people like 3,000 coins if they give the game a 5-star review).

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there. Good games. Just wish they'd be premium games that didn't require IAPs.

5. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    had zenonia 1 and 2 from ages...only a word...grab!!

6. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i played Zenonia 1 on psp... such a damn grind towards the end... it was painful.... the last dungeon started with mobs level 60 and ended with mobs level 90 x_x i had to level up like 25 times in the same dungeon to be able to get what i needed.....

that alone won't let me play Z3 free version.... specially if it's IAP heavy... i wont go though the same grind or worse again D:

7. salty

salty Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
  8. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    48 hours of zenonia attack! lol

9. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    The icon is the best way to differentiate. Icons with green outlines and the gamevil logo are free with IAP. About the grind in Zenonia 1 I believe the second one is much better in regards to leveling, so, try that one. I think I will skip Zenonia 3 & 4

10. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, they all have IAPs (even the paid versions), but it generally seemed to be a better deal to get a large wad of cash up front if you went with the paid versions.

Anyway, looking at the AppStore, it looks like the previously "paid" versions of Zenonia 1 & 2 did drop to free so these are a good deal. Just make sure like Neswii said, that you download the versions that don't have the green outlines or the "." at the end of the name.

The paid version of Zenonia 3 is still $.99. The freemium "green outline" version is still there, of course.

11. yvcgamer

yvcgamer Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Belgium
    I don't really get why so many people complain that Zenonia 3 (the free version) is IAP-heavy. I finished the whole game without having to make any In-App purchases. Of course, I did have to grind a bit, but isn't it like that in almost all krpg's?

12. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I wasn't complaining. Since I just started, I don't know how it will go. Just choose to go the $.99 route just in case. Can't complain about paying a $1 for a good game and so far it's great.

Just figured people might want to know what the difference is between the free and paid versions (particularly for Z1 and Z2 since both paid versions are now on sale for free). I always get anxious about free games that have IAPs since they're often a big money maker for devs. Afterall, giving away free games isn't helping them make money.

13. Coburn

Coburn Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    MI, USA
    I actually never had too much trouble with the grinding without IAP in Zenonia. I figured that if you complete asynchronous co-op Tower with a hacked character as your partner, you can gain like 10 levels with a decent item lol.

Currently downloading all the Zenonias... That should keep me occupied :p

14. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Hmm, Zenonia 1 is still modifying. I wonder if they fixed the intrusive ad that they mention on the comments?

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Interesting turn of events on the AppStore regarding these titles. Yes, the paid versions of Zenonia 1 and 2 are currently free. But they changed the titles of the freemiums to Zenonia Lite and Zenonia 2 Lite as opposed to the original trend where they just has the "." at the end of the name with the different logo.

Wonder if they were getting too many complaints about the very slight difference in names. To me, it was a bit deceiving.

Glad to see Gamevil may be at least cleaning things up to be a little clearer on the AppStore.

Zenonia 3 hasn't been changed yet, however. Still just the "." separating the versions.

16. miumius

miumius Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    how is zenonia 4?

is it worth playing through it? and do ihave to play the others?

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Not sure about Zenonia 4, but the others have some characters that overlap, but the stories are pretty independent from each other.

18. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    finially i have a full collection of zenonia now! :D

19. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Damn, a lot of their games are free and look good.

20. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The first game is honestly still my favorite one. Be sure to check it out. Simple and clean KRPG, and honestly, what made the genre popular on the AppStore in early 2009. Played it through six times.