Universal Bug Heroes (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nekcik, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Called it ;)

2. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    What heroe is the best when dealing with scorpions & centipede & what equipment?

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh man, lemme see if I can recall my wisdom of old...

Beetle with Squash 'Em, definitely... activate Colossus with Beetle and Adrenaline and just start whackin' 'em.

Geez, I can't remember any more... Ant with Howitzer, I think.

4. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Actually, for Scorpions you wanna make sure they're stunned or something if you're whacking at 'em with Beetle, 'cause those things can pack a whallop. So that's why I liked using a couple Zapper turrets maxed out, so when the Scorps come, they have a chance to get stunned, then you just hit 'em with Squash 'Em, then activate Colossus or Adrenaline and start whackin' 'em.

5. Gritztastic

Gritztastic Active Member

Jan 28, 2010
    DC
    I just started playing again after putting the game down for a year or so- still as addictive as ever. Pond with Fly/Worm/Termite (+2 lasers, Sniper, MG, and a healthy refusal of exploration quests) is great for getting those buy all weapons/level all bugs achievements.

6. iJay

iJay Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Man, good to see this thread come alive again (Hey Oxynidus!). Still my all time favorite game.

I didn't realize that Oxynidus is still #1 in the coliseum. Amazing. (Remember when everybody thought Grasshopper was underpowered?).

Sadly, I rarely play Bug Heroes much anymore, because the games take so long because I'm too good. Bahahaha.

7. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    I'm still not very fond of the sniper turrets, their firing rate is just too DAMNED slow. The faster bugs zip right past them. Anyone using sniper turrets in higher rounds successfully?

8. WCFields

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Thanks DR. Frankenstein, any crazy turrets setups lately?

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Same here. My love for this game surpasses all love. I want to kiss it. On the lips. While listening to Marvin Gaye.

Nope, haven't played this game in a while, I had to remove it from my iPod due to space issues... *heartache*

But it's first on my list to be re-installed when I get my 64gb!!! :D

10. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    @Foursaken, are there any plans to add widescreen support to this game? Would love to play it with widescreen support on my 5th gen! :D

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I wish I could say yes :( As much as we'd love to, it's built on tech that is too old to easily make it widescreen. All of the assets are setup in a way such that it's basically impossible without redoing everything.

All of our games being developed now and in the future will have widescreen support though... Who knows, that might include some form of BH in the future ;)

12. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    :( :( :(

That's understandable, though. Maybe Bug Heroes 2? ;)

Can't wait for Heroes and Castles, too! :D

13. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Any iPhone 5 screen update on the way!?

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

See above about 2 posts for the answer :p Though you won't like it :(

15. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    My god... :C

16. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    #4396 lilneo, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    Hello, again! n.nU
    Regarding iPhone 5 support .
    Is it possible, at least, add a frame or image in the screen space left, as in the following example? Would no longer be so ugly black screen space.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or, Is it possible to add a function to expand the game as in the following example?
    Plis reply, Tnks!! C':
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

<-- Example of expand game screen!

17. gametester525

gametester525 New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    First this game is one of the best games i have ever played. I bought it like 2 o. 3 years ago and im still playing this game (sometimes). In the beginning there was always comming new stuff out but lately nothing. But thats not bad because this game always have everything an awesome gema needs. There is just one BIG thing im missing and thats is a ............................ MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!! i have been waiting and waiting but still no multiplayer. this game realy needs one because this would complete the game. So please make one because this would make the game much better!!!!!!

18. Livven

Livven Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Germany
    Foursaken has made some new games that you will probably like as well, they're Heroes & Castles and Block Fortress. Heroes & Castles also includes a multiplayer mode. Bug Heroes probably won't be updated anymore (but there may be a Bug Heroes 2).

19. Appleisaac

Appleisaac Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Janitor/Student
    Up in Here
    I really miss bug heroes. People have been begging for multiplayer since it came out, but I'm sure it will never happen. That is really sad because the entire concept of this game (and block fortress) translates perfectly to multiplayer. I always used to imagine teaming up with two friends, each of us choosing a different hero and defending a map. :( too bad BH Is pretty much dead now

20. BH_best_game

BH_best_game New Member

Mar 29, 2013
    Reset highscores

Would it be possible to reset the highscores 1 last time for those who still loves to play this game and for those who just downloaded it?

The current highscores holder on each level, basically achieved them overnight and tripled the levels than the 2nd placers, has brought discouragement to continue playing the game for me since I like to try and beat the top ranker each time that I spend to play this wonderful game.

It is also a good way to see who still plays Bug Heroes and may be the solution to bring this thread back to life