★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Armageddon Squadron looks awesome, my mind is on overload

11-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Armageddon Squadron looks awesome, my mind is on overload

Doesn't Apple know releasing so many killer games in 3 days will kill us?
11-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Gameplay looks cell phone quality

Not that impressed with the Armageddon Squadron gameplay graphics...looks cell phone quality...gameplay per se looks good though.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by salsamd; 11-27-2008 at 02:43 AM.

11-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
Not that impressed with the gameplay graphics...looks cell phone quality.

The graphics look shabby...but it won't matter if the gameplay is really good..anyways i can't spend a single penny before December
11-27-2008, 01:35 AM
Just got the game myself. I can't complain about the graphics. Its like playing an old PS1 game. Only difference is that its mobile.

Graphically it could be better. We've seen that on a couple of other games. Gameplay wise? Its great! The game plays so well with the iphone's accelerometer. Any flying game feels natural. Its like using a dual handle joystick, similar to those in the cockpits of Commercial Jets.

I haven't gotten far in the game. I only just got past the tutorial.

From what I have gathered, the movement is great, the control scheme is perfect, and the feel is spot on. I think tis more than worth the money they are asking. Its definitely polished.

To help with the fact that it isn't an actual joystick and large screen game, it also uses auto targeting for shooting. Definitely helps when you are a mobile gamer like myself.

-Stuart Bradley Newsom

Vigilant Entertainment Company:
::iPhone Games, Console Games, PC Games, Film::

Last edited by kadjisan; 11-27-2008 at 01:38 AM.
11-27-2008, 02:17 AM
Game Images

Images-click on image to enlarge
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Armagedd1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	169  
11-27-2008, 04:34 AM
I am tempted to get this but I think I will be waiting for the obligatory price drop.
Already "sniped" this in Appsniper.
11-28-2008, 08:22 AM
The link to the youtube that you shown above, is an old version of this game, that is available on some nokia phones, and korean OS handheld devices, where the limit of game file size was up to 1MB. It looks bad in comparison to the new iphone version. The graphics for iASQ, has been totally remade, and the steering system is totally new.
There is also incoming a multiplayer as a free update of this game. Multiplayer will be based on ranking system, where the user get awards by every kill in this mode. Each next rank will unlock new airplanes.
The multiplayer update will be out in about 1 month.
To check if the game is worth purchasing, visit the comments on the appstore.

12-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Yup - check out an actual iPhone video here:
12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by tommy@polarbit.com View Post
Yup - check out an actual iPhone video here:
When is multiplayer coming? I think it will make the game 10x better.

GameCenter: NotYou_ver1.0
12-02-2008, 01:37 PM
great game

I found this game to be highly enjoyable. I did finish the story mode rather quickly, but this is the best flying game I have played on the iphone. The graphics are not incredible, but they are pretty good. Gameplay is great. It is really fun to have dogfights and bomb the crap out of stuff. I am now a Polarbit fan and cannot wait to see what they have coming up. Anyone know what they have cooking?