Quick question, best "To Do's" app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Gadm, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #1 Gadm, Aug 26, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
    I need a To Do's app, some are free some u need to purchase them, which one is the best?
    EDIT: I can buy one, as long as it is good.
    I appreciate suggestions, thanks

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I've used To Do's as long as I've had my iPod Touch (which mostly gets used as a games machine PDA.)

It's free. :)

3. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I currently use Put Things Off. It's an extremely simple and nice app. Just type in the ToDo and it's there. none of the bulky categories and stuff that make it a long process just to add "Get Milk"

4. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I tried it, its really good, but it will be more useful if it has DATES too, anyway is free and good, I ll keep looking for one with dates.

5. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    mm it looks good too but the way it is organized didnt convinced me, I prefere a "LIST LIKE" than squares, but thx for the suggestion

6. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    any other to dos?

7. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #7 organerito, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    Todo, Ultimate todos and ultimate todos are very good.

8. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I use Remember The Milk and think it's the best on the AppStore. The app is free but you need a $25/year pro subscription to their service to use it beyond the 15-day trial. Well worth it in my opinion. It's much more than just the iPhone app, the website is superb, with many other services for integrating with gmail, google calendar, and a heap of other stuff. You also get location (gps) based task assignment, push notifications, smart lists etc etc.

I've also tried Pocket Informant which is a great app and has built-in calendar functionality as well as tasks.

9. darchinst

darchinst Well-Known Member

May 26, 2009
    manager
    Shreveport, la
    #9 darchinst, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    i went through reading all the reviews, and settled on todo by appigo. i don't know if that is the best out right now, but it is very detailed and is perfect for me. i keep track of personal home stuff, shopping lists, my work stuff, my web business stuff, and it puts it all up there according to importance and date, etc. it is really detailed and can handle multi-tiered lists with notifications, worth investigating. expensive, but i haven't found anything about it that it can't handle (except for color schemes, but that's minor compared to how much stuff this thing keeps track of for me)

Edit: reading Odelay's post, i may have to investigate RTM. 25 bucks a year is nothing if it will do everything todo does plus integrate all my google stuff

10. odelay

odelay Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    I'd recommend at least taking a look. Also, I've posted a few things in the Tips & Tricks forum over there, two of which were picked as their weekly Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, which got me 2 years free extension on my subscription, saving me $50! sweet.

Take a look at blog.rememberthemilk.com and www.rememberthemilk.com/services for lots of helpful tips and add-ons.

11. Gadm

Gadm Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    yeah I will try it, looks promising thx guys, any other?