Eliminate Awards, should they be tweaked? v1.1 Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JosephDuffy, Dec 6, 2009.

1. JosephDuffy

JosephDuffy Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Looking at the "Revered" and "Ultimate" Awards, do you agree that they should make it a little easier to get these?
    I'm a real Plus+ Enthusiast, I'm currently World Number 5 in overall Plus Points.
    These are worth together 700 Points, and that's pretty much me up to 3rd place.
    I know you can just "play" and buy a bunch of Power Cells, but it's coming up to Christmas, and I need to buy people stuff, not myself some Power Cells.
    I would like to see a monthly "Skill" leaderboard, in which you can get to the top by either getting more "Highest Skill" that month, or a collection of your KDR, or other.
    If you get to the top at any time, you get the award, and can't lose it.
    The leaderboard is reset every month, giving all a chance to get this award. Possibly even a few different Leaderboards, such as "Monthly KDR +/-", "Monthly Highest Skill +/-", or even something like "Monthly Matches Played"?
    I'm only annoyed at this as I haven't been able to play since the game came out really, due to having Exams, and loads of other stuff.
    If we get a few replies, hopefully ngmoco will do something about it, opinions?
    Thanks
    Joseph Duffy

2. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I think version 1.1 has already been submitted, but that's a cool idea.

3. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    ya, i find it really stupid how one of the awards is like "come first place in the leaderboards" while theres people out there like mosaic and terrorist just dominating everyone

4. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    I could careless about awards, the need to fix the matchmaking.

5. Mosaic

Mosaic Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    why don't you get a job rather than worry about your plus+ ranking.

6. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    I'm 15, and am trying to revise for my Exams, but would like to get more Plus+ Points.

7. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    Even though v1.1 has been released, they can still add a new leaderboard/the suggestions we've given so far right? They've added/changed/removed(In the WordFu+ Case, in which they removed the Award, after I told them it didn't work) some Awards, I'm just hoping they change this :/

8. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    I don't like these awards either, but it would be wrong to remove them now that some people have the points and some don't. I gave up on pursuing these particular awards a long time ago. I think the real problem is with all of Eliminate's awards. I was pretty disappointed when I saw 3000 points that are all based on playing a lot as opposed to the skill of the player.

9. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    Yes, I agread with the second part, but I believe they only need to modify the Awards, or add an extra leaderboard, not simply remove them.
    I see you're a bit of a Plus+Aholic also, so you'll see where I'm coming from :p

10. yrrebeulb19

yrrebeulb19 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Yeah I just looked up your score, looks like once I finish finals this week I'll need to get some points to hold you off.:D

11. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I think it's a good idea to leave as is. Is terrorist not revered in the game?

12. JosephDuffy

Nov 9, 2009
    xD I'm only like 250 off getting 5000 docked in Harbour Master, and am getting good at Fore!, so you'll have to try hard! :D
    Hopefully they'll see this post, and do something about it :p
    Oh, and why do ngmoco use the name mjmoco?