• Publisher: CAVE CO.,LTD.
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 182.4 MB
  • Version: 1.1.9
  • Price: $7.99
  • Average User Rating: 3.6 (14)
App description: ### Game Overview ###
Now you can play the arcade hit and Xbox360 shooting sensation ESPGALUDA II right at your fingertips on the iPhone and iPod touch!

Dodge and weave through waves of bullets as they fill the screen, go for a high score!

### Praise for ESPGALUDA II ###
Now that it's portable, Espgaluda II is a game that can truly be both casual and hardcore: a fun, satisfying time-killer as well as a high score-focused endurance run for the upper tier player on the go.
- 1UP.com

It is easily the best 2D shooter experience in the App Store.
- TouchArcade.com

It isn't just one of the best games on iPhone - it's one of the best shooters I've ever played.
Few games are this spectacular.
- GamesRadar.com

### Full Version Info ###
TWO GAME MODES
Smartphone Mode features a game system optimized for the iPhone: use the "Awakening Pulse" to touch and destroy bullets! Enjoy Arcade Mode, which is a port of the arcade hit!

Touch to destroy the bullets! Raise your multiplier and destroy enemies for golden point explosions!

BGM UPDATED FOR SMARTPHONE MODE! ORIGINAL BGM FOR ARCADE MODE INCLUDED!

3 UNIQUE CHARACTERS, 3 DIFFICULTIES, CONTROL AND SCREEN SETTINGS
With all of the customization options available at your fingertips, anyone from shooting game beginners to advanced players can enjoy the world of ESPGALUDA II!

THE MOST INTENSE BULLET STORMS ON iPhone
CAVE has maintained the beautiful graphics of the arcade version and brought some of the most dense bullet patterns ever to the palm of your hand.

DODGE FOR YOUR LIFE
Controls adapted for smartphones feature slide controls for comfortable play on your device!

COMPATIBLE WITH GAME CENTER
Internet Rankings and Achievements included for all characters!
*Compete with your friends on Game Center!

All game modes and characters are compatible with online rankings; compete with players all over the world for high scores!

Go for a full achievement list!

### IMPORTANT ### : For those about to purchase this application, please read the below before purchasing.
ESPGALUDA II will only run on iPhone 3GS and 3rd Generation iPod touch and up (iOS 4.3 and up) and iOS4.3 for iPad. Other devices are incompatible.
Since this application uses a significant amount of memory, it is possible that it will crash when device memory is low. If this happens, please consult our Support Page.
Turning the expand/shrink accessibility function "ON" may interfere with in-game play.

### IMPORTANT ### : There are iPhone/iPod touch and iPad2 versions of Espgaluda II.
1. The Full Version, which includes Arcade Mode and Smartphone Mode
2. Smartphone Version, with Smartphone Mode which includes use the new "Awakening Pulse" system
3. Arcade Version, with the same exciting gameplay as the arcade release
4. iPad 2 versions remastered in HD: Full Version, Smartphone Version, Arcade Version
Please take note of the version you want when you buy the game!

### More information about CAVE here!!
CAVE World Official Homepage: http://www.cave-world.com
CAVE World Twitter: http://twitter.com/cave_world
CAVE Official facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CAVECoLtd

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/espgaluda-ii-lite/id368181396?mt=8

Quote:
######################
Important Notice: Please be aware that this application will only run on iPhone 3GS/iPod touch (Late 2009, End 2009 32GB and 64GB models).
Usability of the application may vary depending on the model of iPhone/iPod, so please try before you buy and download our free LITE (DEMO) version to verify that the application will work on your phone.
######################

-=############################=-
Special Commemorative Price for CAVE's First iPhone Game
The Special Commemorative Price lasts from April 10th, 2010 to
April 13th 12:00PM.
-=############################=-

Now you can play the arcade hit and Xbox360 shooting sensation ESPGALUDA II right at your fingertips on iPhone and iPod touch!
Dodge and weave through the waves of bullets as they fill the screen, and go for a high score!

- 3 Levels of Difficulty, Control Settings and Display Options.

- 2 Game Modes: “iPhone MODE” which Features a Scoring System Optimized for the iPhone,
and “ARCADE MODE”, an Adaption of the Arcade Hit.

With all of the customization options available at your fingertips, anyone from shooting game beginners to advanced players can enjoy the world of ESPGALUDA II!

- Bullet Storms just as Intense as the Arcade and Xbox 360 Versions!

CAVE has maintained the beautiful graphics of the arcade version and brought some of the most dense bullet patterns ever to the iPhone/iPod touch. Dodge for your life!

- Controls Adapted to the iPhone

Featuring slide controls for comfortable play on your iPhone/iPod Touch, quick dodges that were difficult even on joysticks can now be performed with just your thumb! Dash and weave through Bullet Hell!

- Compatible with Open Feint! Internet Rankings and Achievements Included!

All game modes and characters are compatible with online rankings; compete with players all over the world for high scores!
By accomplishing certain goals in-game, you will also be rewarded with achievements!
Go for a full achievement list to brag to your friends!
07-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Anyone know why the combo version of this game(smartphone+arcade was pulled from the store? Was lucky to redownload it from my purchase history but on the store itself I can now only find the separate versions.
07-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Anyone know why the combo version of this game(smartphone+arcade was pulled from the store? Was lucky to redownload it from my purchase history but on the store itself I can now only find the separate versions.
The combo (smartphone+arcade) game is still up, since that was the HD version that had the multiple versions. (edit: whoops nevermind, i didn't realize they split the original version as well). However, they seem to have removed the original non-universal game. Only the 3 HD versions are still there (and also lites). It seems the non-universal lite was left up for some reason. If this is something they are doing, I would recommend anyone who bought the original DDPR download it now, since it would be logical that it would disappear as well since there is a universal HD version of that as well.

07-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Anyone who already bought still have access to it on the purchase history, I can see it normally there, just not in the regular app store, so I bet you don't need worry about redownloading it.
07-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
Anyone who already bought still have access to it on the purchase history, I can see it normally there, just not in the regular app store, so I bet you don't need worry about redownloading it.
That may be true now but I've had apps that disappeared from the store and also no longer are in my download history either. Star Wars: Trench Run is one (not necessarily the greatest game but enjoyed it for nostalgia). Yes if you have it backed up in your PC, you're okay. But if you don't, you're screwed. Just hate when apps are pulled. Sure it costs devs to keep them up though.
07-04-2012, 07:59 PM
What is weird is that the lite version is still there, so might be some kind of error or problem... Maybe asking Cave in twitter will do. I'll try.

Here guys, the official answer:

@ednanf Yes, we have temporarily taken it down from the App Store due to a major bug, but it should be back up on within the next few days!

No worries =)

Last edited by ednan; 07-04-2012 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Official answer from Cave co.,ltd
07-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
What is weird is that the lite version is still there, so might be some kind of error or problem... Maybe asking Cave in twitter will do. I'll try.

Here guys, the official answer:

@ednanf Yes, we have temporarily taken it down from the App Store due to a major bug, but it should be back up on within the next few days!

No worries =)
Interesting. I redownloaded it from my purchase history and it seems fine. Wonder what the major bug is?
07-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Probably some major but rare bug, better safe than sorry.
09-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Everything from Cave just got updated...
09-29-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
The update is just supporting the larger screen, right? No actual Retina for these games I would assume...
Nothing changed much, though maybe the menus are now ipad retina.