★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Havok's Project Anarchy-powered iOS games wishlist

03-28-2013, 03:10 AM
#1
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 224
Havok's Project Anarchy-powered iOS games wishlist

At GDC 2013, Havok has announced Project Anarchy - a combination of Havok Vision Engine, Havok Physics Engine, Havok Animation Engine and Havok AI Engine - which is an open-source engine and will be totally free for mobile games developers.


So, what is your wishlist of iOS games powered by this engine?


This is my wishlist (a port of / a spin-off of / a clone of):
  1. Halo 4
  2. DmC: Devil May Cry
  3. Killzone 3
  4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  6. Fallout: New Vegas
  7. Guild Wars 2
  8. I Am Alive
  9. Heavy Rain
  10. Alan Wake
  11. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
  12. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
  13. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
  14. Saints Row series
  15. Crackdown series
  16. Assassin's Creed series

Last edited by clever_bug; 03-31-2013 at 09:06 PM.
03-28-2013, 03:16 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,386
That video is slightly misleading, it's not the core engine for any of those games. You wouldn't get a port of those just due to Havok being on iOS.

03-28-2013, 03:22 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
That video is slightly misleading, it's not the core engine for any of those games. You wouldn't get a port of those just due to Havok being on iOS.
I know that it's hard to get a port of these games, in view of the file-size limitation, the complicated control scheme as well as the limited power of current gen of iOS devices. More important, it is not the core engine for any of those games, as you've said.

However, I am sure that we can definitely see some new iOS games based on those games series, such as Call of Duty Black Ops II: Declassified, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Killzone: Mercenary... (like the PlayStation Vita). Why? Because Project Anarchy is open-source and totally free! There must be some AAA developers who are interested in making AAA iOS games with this engine!

Last edited by clever_bug; 03-28-2013 at 04:32 AM.
03-28-2013, 04:56 AM
#4
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: A state in a country in a continent in the world
Posts: 950
Send a message via Skype™ to dariusjr98
Quote:
Originally Posted by clever_bug View Post
I know that it's hard to get a port of these games, in view of the file-size limitation, the complicated control scheme as well as the limited power of current gen of iOS devices. More important, it is not the core engine for any of those games, as you've said.

However, I am sure that we can definitely see some new iOS games based on those games series, such as Call of Duty Black Ops II: Declassified, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Killzone: Mercenary... (like the PlayStation Vita). Why? Because Project Anarchy is open-source and totally free! There must be some AAA developers who are interested in making AAA iOS games with this engine!
You have no idea what you are talking about. Game development just doesn't work that way.
03-28-2013, 05:18 AM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,768
None of those games. They already exist in superior formats. I want new IPs.

  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
03-28-2013, 05:44 AM
#6
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
None of those games. They already exist in superior formats. I want new IPs.
New IPs? Of what kinds? Can you be more specific? For example, a clone of God of War, Dante's Inferno, or Saints Row...
04-18-2013, 03:40 PM
#7
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 264
I would really want Metro 2033 or Fallout 3 on my iphone