iPad The Creeps

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mr. Crazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I really wish I hadn't bought Fieldrunners DLC

I think I'll wait until I manage to beat all the old levels before buying new ones :)
    this game is the reason I registered on tA! :D

2. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Why? Its $2 to get two really good maps for a really good TD.

Michael

3. TheFamousEccles

TheFamousEccles Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Fieldrunners should take a note; this is DLC done right.

4. organerito

organerito Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    I beta tested this game for the 1.4 update. It is great. It is very refreshing because you have to use a different strategy in some maps from all previous ones. I cannot recommend only one pack because all of them are really great. You'll like this game even more.

5. #25 RegularStormy, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    Hi everyone, thanks for all the positive feedback! I'm glad people are enjoying the new levels, a lot of work went into them!

On a side note, has anyone with a jailbroken iPhone been able to successfully download a level pack? I've gotten reports from some users that they get an error message, and I've been assuming that those people are running a pirated copy... but I'd really like to know for sure. Thanks!

[EDIT: I found out why Jailbroken iPhones have a problem. If you see an error that mentions "sandbox", contact me at [email protected] and I'll give you instructions :) ]

6. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    Uh, then don't? Nobody is forcing you to. This isn't the IRS.

7. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    My iPod is jb and I candownload dlc for other games but I've heard of that problem and only occurs when users pirate a game or have a specific file required to pirate

8. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Wow, this even makes Fieldrunners look more useless.

6 levels per pack?

I can't believe I even bought fieldrunners...

9. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    #29 Harpgliss, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    Hi,

Just saw your post here and went and was able to download the first level pack with no issue.

Did not try the other two but assume I would have no issues there either.

I have a 1st gen Ipod Touch and jail broke.

Legal copy of app too.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

David

10. After doing some reasearch, I've found out that jailbroken iPhones with specific things installed on them cannot purchase DLC from the store (for ANY game, not just The Creeps!). There is a work around though, so if you get an error that mentions the "sandbox environment", contact me at [email protected] and I'll help you get it fixed :)

11. damballah

damballah Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    The regular version of the Creeps with the base levels and features is easily worth 5 bucks, let alone including the many added maps.

The new levels are sweet by the way. I'd like to see even more towers added later.

12. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Yeah these new maps are definitely worth it. All are possible to beat on perfect but they may take a while to figure out. I beta'd and I liked the levels so much I will purchase myself.

13. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I jb my 3Gs with blackrain running 3.12 OS and had no problems d/l the in-app content. I'll let you know as I am playing if there are problems within the levels though.

14. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    people have reported problems in the Fieldrunners thread about not being to buy DLC, it's something with ******* I believe

15. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Is the game still a battery killer?

16. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    I have an iPhone w att in US and CAN NOT download the packs for the life of me. Apparently in the reviews on app store, with v1.4, I am not the only one.

17. I'll bet you have a Jailbroken iPhone. Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you fixed.

18. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    All fine here downloading DLC packs (no JB). I like the new dino enemies and maps, thanks for the awesome game and the improvements

19. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Bought pack #1 last night. Looking forward to testing it out. I'm not convinced I'll buy the other two... but dinos are awesome. :)

20. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    So, DLC cant be bought with a jailbroken phone?