Modern Warfare 3 vs Battlefield 3.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by arta, Oct 21, 2011.

?

Modern Warfare 3 vs Battlefield 3

1. Modern Warfare 3

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Battlefield 3

29 vote(s)
    72.5%
  1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Buying both; each will be good in their own way I'm sure.

2. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    By the way, have you gotten Arkham City? One of the best games I've ever played, and I'm not even halfway done.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Don't wanna change the subject of the thread but I have to agree. Beat it yesterday, definitely worthy of the 95 average on Metacritic.

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I loved cod. I've played em all from cod 3 and enjoyed the hell out of the BF series on consoles. I'm sure MW3 will be great, as has all the previous cod titles. But my enthusiasm for the series is entirely diminished with this year's fix.

BF from a technical standpoint is pushing further with the times while cod sells off of the major hype beast that was cod4. My only concern with BF3 is the bugs which I'm trusting DICE to handle in the retail version via day one patch or mandatory install, idk.

As for which is better, they're both obviously great games and anyone who says otherwise, IMO, is just being stupid. For me, I choose Battlefield for many reasons (not just because cod has gotten old). Sounds, graphics, destruction ('wow' factor), vehicle combat, teamwork and epic MP (skydiving, dogfights, airstrikes).

Plus idk if it's just me but that whole cod Elite thing, to me, seems like it's taken it to a new low. I mean, really? They are already squeezing 60 bucks each year from their fans and trying to double it for early DLC access. Sorry for the rant here but on top of that I hear they're giving a unique tactical advantage to people who actualy sign up for Elite. Idk.

Anyways, there's my opinion on BF vs MW.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I've got it preordered on OnLive.

6. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    That's probably the best BF3 trailer I've ever seen.

7. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Most of my friends will be getting MW while I'll be picking up BF3 day one. I'll wait til MW comes out before I decide on getting it or not. I'm definitely excited for both!

As for Arkham city, I've heard great things but I haven't even beat arkham asylum yet!!

8. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    If you're going to make a versus thread, how about a poll at least?! You can't really say right now which one will be better, and no one can really say until they play both games. But really, if I had to choose right now between buying one or the other, it would have to be BF3 hands down. In fact, I actually have it pre-ordered. I don't know whether or not to get MW3 yet. I'll wait for now.

9. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I don't care about either one. Shooters are boring for the most part.

10. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Then WHY ARE YOU POSTING HERE??!! :p

I agree!

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Poll has been added.. :cool:

12. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I believe boredom is reason enough. ^^

13. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Great!

I would say that platform might actually play a significant decision making role, if a gamer could only choose one game. If I owned a console, I would actually probably go with MW3, but since I'm a pc gamer, I absolutely need BF3 ;)

14. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm leaning towards Battlefield 3, but that's just because I've been with Battlefield longer than CoD.

If I were asked which game was the better one, I wouldn't be able to pick either because they are targeting different kinds of shooter fans.

15. thethinice

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Ummm, looks like ign gave the same score for MW3 as it did for BF3. Gamespot too, I think. Am I right?

16. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    I've never played battlefield except the first one. But I have played the beta of BF3. Right now, i would say BF3. MW3 has more content for people who play offline more. I hate spending money to get xbox live, because when I use it, my Internet goes over the cap.

17. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Bf3 all theway. I have mw2 still and i didnt want to pay for an uPdated multiplayer, had they added vehicles or destructable Physics then maybe i would have bOught cod, but they didnt.

18. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I am really enjoying both games and they are different enough to keep me from getting bored.

My opinion...Battlefield gives a feeling of an epic war, vehicles, destruction and a good amount of team work and skill to enjoy the game. Call Of Duty MW3 is full on action, almost arcade like in a good way.

I have played all of the games in both series and think that this years versions are the best yet. My only gripe with BF would be that they have toned down the damage to the environment which is one feature that really set it apart.

19. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Man, what a bad time to stop riding the wave!