what is going on!!??!?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tocameelarcade, Dec 25, 2010.

1. tocameelarcade

tocameelarcade Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Ok so last week I bought an iTunes card, that card went useless because i scratched too hard o.o, and now i bought another card an iTunes says "the code is not valid", somebody know whats going on? what should I do with this card and why itunes says i cant use it? I just bought the thingg!!!!:mad:

2. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    anybody has had this experience before, i dont know what to do :( i have 2 useless iTunes cards in my handddsss, please somebody answer, i try to contact iTunes support but they didnt answer (the say they would send a mail buut they didnt)

3. freedog

freedog Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    yes, this happened to me once last year, around Xmas. Its either the store you got it from having an overload because of Xmas and the activation not going through yet, or its a problem on the end of itunes. I never got a full explanation as to what was wrong when it happened to me, but I remember going back to the store and writing apple and getting an answer like what I just said. But keep trying the cards and eventually they should go through (unfortunately it may take a day or 2) If it still doesn't work after a couple days from now then take it back to where you bought it.

4. Yeah, when you buy a gift card you absolutely have to make sure it gets activated at the store. I was buying some gift cards a couple of weeks ago to give out as presents and one of them refused to activate. (Not iTunes cards, those worked fine.) I spent 20 minutes at the checkout while they kept trying. They even went and got a new card and it still wouldn't activate. If a cashier doesn't notice this though you could end up with an unactivated card. You should have gotten an activation receipt, and it should say on it that activation was successful. If it doesn't, take it back to the store and get them to properly activate it.

5. Skipppppy

Skipppppy New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    The last two cards I bought, this week, the silver stuff just smugged the the number, no way to read it. So I scraped with my finger nail, and POOF! most of the code was gone! Quick Google search revealed that if you go to www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww, pick your country, pick "iTunes Cards and Codes" then "redemption questions", then click on the "Email us" button, tell them that you can't read the code, give them what you can read of the code and the gft card serial number and then they'll email you with help. Both times they sent me the code within 24 hours...even the one I bought yesterday [Xmas eve] I got an email TODAY with the code. Pretty easy, pretty awesome customer service. Try it, you'll like it.

6. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    thanks for answer me man
    I already take it to the store (it was a 7 eleven), and the girl told me that if she hadnt activate it, the cash regyster wouldnt have made the transaction and i wouldnt have the receipt in my hands. I contacted the iTunes suppor page now for this new card, and im still waiting for the other card :(. I didnt paid with cash, i paid with a voucher, do you think that has something to do with this?

I guess i just wait? I had bought like 3 or 4 iTunes card in the past and all of them worked really well. :( im so stressed i wasste a lod of money

7. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    nice to meet you skipppy :) and thanks for answer, but i already did that!, they sent an e-mail back to me in 15 minutes and they said they will answer me in the next 24 o 48 hrs but they didnt :(. I dont know its because I am in Mexico or something, i tought it was the season and that they will not answer me until Christmas time is over, but they answer you! :(...

mmmmm i just send them again the mail today like an hour ago, I know i am a complete stranger but... if they didnt answer me, could you do it for me please??? they answer you in no time, please :( I will even give you half the money or something :)

8. I don't think they actually answered you. What you more likely got was an auto-response from their E-Mail server; everyone who E-Mails Apple will get the exact same response automatically. Just wait 'til after the holidays and Apple will probably answer.

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Isnt this the second thread this week youve created based on iTunes cards not working? Now you have two cards? lol I would just have some patience and wait till after the holidays for Apple to respond.

10. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    Yeah is the 2nd thread, and the 2nd card... lucky me i guess

11. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    OMG they anwer!, i had sent them an email like a week and only get the autoresponse, but now i sent them again and they answer! some guy Romie Joseph i think, :D ke asked for my serial number (which i already had sent them in the form i filled) or some pictures of my card, and he said maybe he could be able to help me. I attached like 8 pics of my cards and also write him the serial numbers, the incomplete code, and the complete code. I will let you know how everything turned up, thank you guys for replying this! :)

12. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    typical issue...call apple

13. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    I dont think apple have numbers here in Mexico :/,

Well anyways i now responded and some girl Priyanka answer me, she gave the the incomplete code and I have it now, but that code doesnt work too! i went to my local store were i bought them (an Oxxo, similar to 7eleven) and they assure me they were activated in the moment they charge them, so it wasnt their problem.

I have had 4 iTunes card and everything worked flawlessly until now, so is not me :/.

I responded to the 2nd email saying this and attached 2 photos of the codes not working in iTunes and the message "El codigo que ingreso no es un codigo valido". I am waiting for their reply

14. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    roflmao @ the name

Anyways, pretty much everything about the iTunes is screwed up right now while they gear up for the new year, so personally I would wait and contact them after the new year arrives.

15. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    I know! it was so funny xD I think she was messing me with that name:D, but oh well she said she worked form Sunday to Friday 11am to 8pm so I will keep trying, also nobody from this forum has had this problem :( why mee???
    aslo the iTunes store is kind of failing in my iTouch too, whenever yI try to enter a category like "games" or "books" it pops up a message saying that "my petition couldnt be fullfilled". Does ANYBODY have this problems?

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Again, Apple is changing iTunes right now in preparation for the new year. Everyone should be experiencing these problems, so just hang in there and try again when the everything is unfrozen.

17. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    Thanks for replying man :), yes i guess its a problem of apple preparing iTunes for 2011 and the bussy of people conecting and buying.

Also for anyone in this thread if my codes dont work in like a month or so of trying and im unable to redeem the money and apple people cant help me, i just publish them here and see if you guys can make it work, they are $40 good dollars after all... just.. buy me Game Dev Story and Nova2 thats ALL i want, you can keep the rest of the cash.

18. tocameelarcade

Dec 5, 2010
    Okay this is the final post of the thread :D
    Apple customer service receive my photos and replace both of the codes with new ones activated by them! :D I am so happy, thanks so much for your support TA posters :D