Universal God of Light (By Playmous)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by drdeniz79, Feb 26, 2014.

1. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    To the developer:

Is there a way to tell on the level selection screen which levels you collected the firefly from? I don't see any.

Also, adding Game Center leaderboards would be nice.

Great game! I hope it does well enough to warrant additional levels.

2. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    #22 Lazer Kat, Mar 1, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
    Burnt?
    I bought it for $2 last night too. I got a great game (with a horrible font) that someone put a ton of work into for $2.

This sale is risky.
    You guys are saying that you think you'll get more than double the sales at $0.99 than you would have at $1.99.

Hope it pays off.

3. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    I like the game but the controls not at all. They don't feel right, feel jerky and I tend to control an other object than I was thinking I was about to control. There is no place where I can see a levels high score? Not in the menu and not when I finish a level (then it only says my current score). And why do I actually get a score when there is no leaderboard? :D
    What is the "Restore previous purchases" button for in Settings? I don't see any purchases possible that I could later want to restore? Interesting to see that Tap the Frog is also from this developer, Playmous. Quite a different game (initially I was wondering why tapping that P in the menu showed me a Tap the Frog ad :))

4. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Burnt by the sale. Didn't expect one so soon. I agree with you totally. It is a great game. The sale is risky in a lot of ways.

5. anton@playmous

anton@playmous Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    You can buy more 'fireflies' to get additional hints if you're stuck on a level or instantly unlock all levels without having to solve all the puzzles one by one. It's a paid download so in-app purchases are not at all necessary to get full gameplay experience. Thanks!

6. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    I am really sorry to hear this. There are many reasons we did that but the price drop is just for this weekend. I hope God of Light is still a great experience.

We are happy to provide God of Light gift code to anyone on this thread who bought the game on Thursday or Friday so you can share the fun with your friends.

7. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    Thanks for the feedback, slewis7!

The firefly collection indicator is something we will introduce in the next update. Leaderboards is a technical issue, hopefully you'll be able to post your score to Game Center before the update comes out. I will keep you posted on the new levels!

8. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    I appreciate the gesture. Since this game has IAP, how about an offer of a certain number of fireflies for free? A gesture of good will for those of us burned by the sale, not for friends of ours who weren't affected?

9. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    Thank you,
    I bought it literally right before it went on sale (as you can see in this thread).
    I would be glad to take a code to gift to a friend. Thank you.

10. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I don't want no stinking gift code. The game is easily worth the two bucks to me ;-)

11. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    There are two ways you can manipulate objects in God of Light -

1) Tap on an object to activate it, then touch anywhere again and move your finger around the object to rotate it. Try to touch farther away from the object for more precise manipulation. This is basically what the tutorial explains during the first levels.

2) This one is not mentioned anywhere, but we see many people playing this way immediately after they pick up the game. We call it the 'slingshot' mechanic - you can touch an object and move your finger AWAY from it, the light beam will follow.

The problem is sometimes you accidentally touch a random object and activate the slingshot thing while thinking you are still controlling the other mirror. This is not a big deal on iPad but could be annoying on smaller screens. We will address this in the upcoming update.

As I mentioned above, the leaderboards is a technical issue, we are working on it.

You can instantly unlock all levels in the game, so this is a non-consumable in-app purchase that you'd want to restore later on.

Playmous is a co-developer and publisher of both Tap the Frog and God of Light, while the original concepts are created by Playfo and EON Games respectively. Hence the difference between the two games.

12. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    Glad to hear that. PM me if you change your mind. :)

13. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    Sorry, but unfortunately it's impossible to gift in-apps. How about Tap the Frog code for yourself then? ;-)

14. sharfaust

Jul 1, 2013
    Sounds like a good compromise. I would appreciate that. Thank you.

15. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Can I have a code!

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    What happened to Tap the Frog 2

17. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #37 bigjack66, Mar 2, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    Well there I am, wrong again! I thought this was an overly simple mirror and light game. Then you reduced the price and I thought what the hell I'll give it a go and what a beautiful game. Possibly the nicest menu screen. I have to keep going back so I can see how much has been restored. I'm looking forward to lighting the main crystal again it looked so nice. Thanks for a lovely game. The mirrors are easy to control just tap the one you want to move and move the light not the mirror. Unless it's a moving mirror.

18. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Good game! Nothing needs changed. Controls are intuitive if you payed attention at the tutorial. Makes great use of its light mechanic and it's fun to light up the fireflies.

19. anton@playmous

Patreon Indie

Nov 25, 2013
    CEO @ Playmous
    Barcelona
    Sure, just PM me.

20. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks Anton. I understand better what my problem is. There is a small time needed for the mirror to "bloom", be activated and that gets in my way, I guess I'm too impatient (or want too much get a higher score :D). Also, an idea might be to make a small centre circle of each mirror insensitive to touch, as so to prevent any possibility of jerky movements. Finally, I'd like to see a sensitivity setting (a slider in Settings for example) that accelerates rotation. What I mean by that is that it would make the beam rotate more than my finger movement actually implies. Hope that makes sense. Maybe only for the initial beam launch and not for the subsequent mirror rotations though.

Last but not least, kudos for your excellent game!