Real Racing 3 - By Firemonkeys - Coming Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hastings

hastings Active Member

Nov 23, 2010
    i think this game will come out in 24/12:rolleyes:

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    OMG!!! Awesome cannot wait for this! I upgraded to a gen 4iPod when 2 came out.... I hope this'll run smooth on it, can't afford upgrading this time.

3. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Nah, defo iPhone 5/iPad mini release time frame.

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks like a hell of an improvement to me. :eek:

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #46 Rip73, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    What's really great about it is that Real Racing 2 is still the bar that other racing games just can't reach on iOS.
    There are some very good arcade racers out there but there is nothing even near as good a racing simulator on the app store.
    And this is going to be the sequel, which considering how much 2 improved on the original Real Racing, my expectations couldn't be higher.
    And to make it better, the pre alpha video is the only thing ever to make Real Racing 2 look dated in comparison.
    And to be fair, Real Racing 2 is still an extremely impressive game to play. I bought when it came out in dec '10, it still looks great and is still my go to racing game on the Ipad.
    This should be a very impressive game I reckon.

I still think it won't be out for about 3 months as the footage is pre alpha, but it'll be well worth the wait.

On an interesting side note, Firemonkeys (originally the Iron Monkey side of the merger) is also working on Need for Speed Most Wanted for ios which is slated for around October release. This also makes me think that it'll be a nov/dec release for this.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    That last note actually makes me think its a 2013 release... Or is it confirmed for 2012?

7. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Lolavi: confirmed 2012..
    And about "Pre alpha" - depends on devs how do they call stages of developing. Prealpha alpha beta (public open closed) etc. There are not percentables for naming stages of developed game completed.

8. Eice

Eice Member

Jul 20, 2012
    The only thing I wish Real Racing had that other games (notably Need For Speed) have is more customization options for cars. I mean, I can understand not having ricer body kits, but there are a lot of tuning houses, so offering more customization to cars other than a simple paint job shouldn't be difficult. I know it's not the main point of the game, but it feels like when you have the money for a better car, you get it ... there is no way to make your favorite car into a capable car at the higher levels or even an appealing choice.

Make the performance upgrades somehow alter the appearance or make a little more customization options. You can see the possibilities all over the cars (particularly the race-ready versions, as seen in these previews).

That would add a whole new 'depth' to the game and really make it heads and shoulders above all others. It's the ONLY part that is 'lacking' in this game (if you want to call it lacking, more just a desire).

9. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I understand the concept of tuning house for production cars and so on but what you're looking for is upgrades to the cars yet every car in real racing 2 has performance and handling upgrades if you progress through the game. Yes they have paint jobs and so on but they also have handling, top speed, acceleration and braking upgrades available. Okay, they don't have body kits available but sometimes licensing deals wont allow for external modifications of the vehicle so for a lot of games they won't be available unless the licensing deal is with the tuner (eg, Ruf) itself.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yes, of course you can never be 100% sure of a term because of different interpretations but for most developers "Pre alpha" will define a game as its hoped finalised stage that has yet to be openly tested, bug tested or determined as the actual final product. Everything after Pre alpha is fine tuning, bug testing or determining what it will actually be. Alpha is more or less what youve decided the final game is going to be and beta is basically testing and bug fixing.
    More or less.

11. Whiteplayer3d

Whiteplayer3d Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Please, what devices are supported?

12. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    I think we will know that when the Game releases.

13. Thankyousteve

Thankyousteve Member

Mar 30, 2012
    It's prob making for the iPhone 5 launch day to release it simultaneously

14. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    This is on a collision course for iPhone 5. I wonder how it will look on the 4S.

15. Firemonkeys Sam

Firemonkeys Sam Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Community Manager
    Melbourne, Australia
    Just to clarify, Jingabah is a member of the Firemonkeys forums. Not a member of Firemonkeys... Just in case anyone was confused by that.

16. Som yung gai

Som yung gai Well-Known Member

I hope A4 devices will be supported.

17. Well Placed Cactus

Jul 24, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    oh baby! Can't wait for this to release. Probably only getting released with the new iPhone or just in time for Christmas rush. Going to be so good to play this!

18. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Way off topic, but firemonkeys, I think you should make NASCAR for your next project. So many people would love it. Tilt to steer, how challenging and cool would that be?

P.S. Can't wait for this game :)