Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2014, 05:00 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
How about this idea?
Instead of retiring players which took lots efforts and time for us to build, have a rest system.
After each player plays X games, if players play game, his skill set rating will start to go down Y % per game.

For example,
if X games = 5,
Y % = 2 %
After QB AAA plays 5 games, each game there after QB AAA plays, he looses 2 % of his rating per game.
And each game he rest on the bench, gain back equal amount.

This way, we keep players we want at max level or close to it to make us happy.
And to make RUN games happy since we need to play other players.

What happens to our main player if we do not have bench player in same position? well his skill rating keep goes down to hmm, may be 50% until he get rested? Meaning you better get his replacement fast.

What do you think?
Lots of good ideas in there! Very well thought out and one that we have explored a bit in the office for the last couple of days.

My only complaint about this solution is would create a lite-timer that the player would have to manage that would lead to either solving problem by waiting until their star player is fully recovered before playing the game or using a consumable item such as an energy drinks circumvent waiting for your player to recover. Also this could create a decent bit of roster micromanagement that may get a bit overwhelming.

One concept that has been picking up some steam around the office is the concept of removing retirement all together and replacing it with a Contract system. Here is a very high-level description of the system:

Contract System

- When you get a new player they are under contract for X number of games. In this example they have a 100 Game Contract
- Every time the player plays a game, that player has one less game on their contract
- When the player buys Deck of cards from the shop, sometimes CONTRACT EXTENSION cards will drop out of decks that will allow players to extend their favorite players contracts. +50 GAMES, +10 GAMES, so on etc. that can be applied to your player of choice
- When a player reaches 0 games on their contract you are given the option to RESIGN that player for Hero Coins, EXTEND CONTRACT using the contract items above or RELEASE the player and sub in a new player at that position.

The reason we are leaning towards this solution is that it separates the LEVELING system, which should be something aspirational and cool from the CONTRACT system which is something to manage and challenging to deal with.

What do you think of this?
Old 09-20-2014, 12:58 AM

Guys, I didn't follow the tutorial, how do you make a pass ?
Old 09-20-2014, 03:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrin View Post
Guys, I didn't follow the tutorial, how do you make a pass ?
Simply call a PASS play, hike the ball by tapping anywhere on the screen, then tap on flashing receiver.

Let me know if that works for you.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMarzola View Post
Simply call a PASS play, hike the ball by tapping anywhere on the screen, then tap on flashing receiver.

Let me know if that works for you.
I am not familiar with American Football, can I always pass or only when my quarterback gets back the ball from a pass.

When there is the run icon above a player I cannot pass
Old 09-20-2014, 10:05 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrin View Post
I am not familiar with American Football, can I always pass or only when my quarterback gets back the ball from a pass.

When there is the run icon above a player I cannot pass
You can pass the ball in Football Heroes under the following circumstances:

- Select any PASS play type from the playbook (Tap the PASS button at the bottom of the playselect screen)
- Tap to HIKE the ball to your QB
- The QB can now throw the ball to any flashing receiver on their team by tapping on that receiver (HOLD for Charge Pass PERK)
- The QB cannot throw the ball after he has crossed the line of scrimmage (where the ball was snapped from at the start of the play)

This is an NFL rule. I wonder what Football Heroes would be like without this rule?
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Retirement system replaced by CONTRACTS

Nobody responded so I am going to post this again:

At Run Games we are considering removing the retirement system all together and replacing it with a Contract system. Here is a very high-level description of the system:

Contract System

- When you get a new player they are under contract for X number of games. In this example they have a 100 Game Contract
- Every time the player plays a game, that player has one less game on their contract
- When the player buys Deck of cards from the shop, sometimes CONTRACT EXTENSION cards will drop out of decks that will allow players to extend their favorite players contracts. +50 GAMES, +10 GAMES, so on etc. that can be applied to your player of choice
- When a player reaches 0 games on their contract you are given the option to RESIGN that player for Hero Coins, EXTEND CONTRACT using the contract items above or RELEASE the player and sub in a new player at that position.

The reason we are leaning towards this solution is that it separates the LEVELING system, which should be something aspirational and cool from the CONTRACT system which is something to manage and challenging to deal with.

What do you think of this? Looking for feedback, thank you
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I think it's a pretty good alternative. The only thing I want to know is how much it will cost for extensions? If it's too big, it's obvious that not many will like it.

To add to that, how about making multiple different terms for contract selections (like in real life). So in this game, if you pick a longer one, it'll be more expensive but cheaper in the long run. So kind of like IAP where you get bonuses for buying the pricier ones. However I hope the prices are affordable as money isn't necessarily dropping from the sky in this game.
Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

I don't like managing contracts, it's annoying, but I can see it being okay....if contracts are somewhat easy to obtain and you don't nickel and dime us with tiny 5/10/20 game contract cards that require us always take action on constant retiring players. Thats just annoying. I'm guessing the majority of your customers, aside from playing a cool arcade style football, are playing because they like to obtain better cards and level them up, not to play general manager simulator of a football team.

What about sudden death? Would those count, because that would stink.

What if I don't have the coins to re-sign at the moment and don't have a contract card at the moment or retirement? Will you force me to release him? That would stink.

If we re-sign for hero coins, that wouldn't be the full cost of the player, right? It would be at a discount?

Why would we release a player when we can just sell him for coins? Or is that the same thing?