Universal PrimeMate - A puzzling game of numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by _embed, Dec 20, 2015.

1. _embed

_embed New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Berlin, Germany
    #1 _embed, Dec 20, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
    Hi,

My first app as an indie developer has been released this week. It’s a game called PrimeMate.

The game was designed to be challenging first and foremost. I didn’t want to create something you can master in one afternoon.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Let me explain how it works:
    Your goal is to visit all numbers given on the screen – one by one and starting at 2.
    There is one rule which limits the numbers you can reach from your current position: The prime factor decompositions of your current number and your next number may only differ by one component.

For instance:
    You’re currently on number 10, which has the decomposition 10=2x5.
    You would like to visit 30 next, whose decomposition is 30=2x3x5. You only need to add one component (the number 3) to get from 10 to 30, so you’re allowed to make that move.
    However, you’re not allowed to move from 10 to 9, since 9 decomposes to 3x3. In this case you would have to change more than one component.

As you can see in the screenshots, you don’t need to figure out the decompositions yourself since they’re stated below each number.

[​IMG]

There’s a random mode to add a little excitement. I am currently working on different characters and a multiplayer mode.

I hope you enjoy the design. I wanted it to be clear and recognisable.

For those on the latest iPhone, I've implemented 3D Touch Quick Actions for starting a new game.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/primemate/id1061464838?mt=8

I very much appreciate any feedback. Any.

Many thanks. Have fun.

2. _embed

_embed New Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Berlin, Germany
    Take the second screenshot above, with numbers 2 through 21.

You start at 2 (marked red). Since 2 is a prime number, it is marked with a star.
    Now, all the numbers you can reach from 2 are marked navy blue.
    For each of those numbers, you only need to change one component coming from 2.
    For example: To get from 2 to 14, you multiply by 7, i.e. you add one component to the decomposition: 2 -> additional component 7 -> 2x7=14.
    To get from 2 to any prime, you only need to exchange the 2 for another prime component. Again, this only changes one component (or factor, however you would like to call it).
    Note that you cannot get from 2 to 15 because you would need to modify two components.

Does this help?