Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-27-2014, 02:17 PM

Just got level 5 on normal. Been fairly easy up to this point, and that's not a complaint. Still somewhat challenging. However, the first two enemies on the bridge slaughter me after just 3 hits and my weapon is doing hardly any damage at all. There is no healer in sight. Anybody else have this problem?

I returned to the previous level and while still do-able, I found it much more difficult than the last time I played through it. A lot more enemies spawning and enemy attacks seemed more powerful. I also noticed that a new finisher is implemented into the game I haven't seen before.

Another interesting note: on survival mode in the first arena, once I defeat 15 enemies, no more enemies reappear. Anybody else having this issue?

Was the game updated somehow? I noticed on the App Store an update was issued Nov. 19th and I updated it then, but that was the day I purchased it. Now that I've gone back and started playing it seems changes were made.

Last edited by chadwerd; 11-27-2014 at 05:32 PM..
Old 12-16-2014, 02:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Just installed this again after learning it had MFi support. The controller does make it A LOT better, though I can't believe the developers still haven't fixed the combat movement and targeting mechanics that people have been complaining about. The constant rolling around is ridiculously annoying and the fact that you can't target specific enemies is maddening. Those two things really affect the experience in a very negative way and prevent it from reaching its full potential. Seeing as those two mechanics are pretty much fundamental for a game like this, it actually makes it feel like a tech demo more than an actual game. It's very disappointing, to say the least. But on a positive note, they did fix the low res graphics, and it looks absolutely gorgeous on my iPhone 6. Not sure how long I'm going to keep it on here though considering how frustrating the fighting is.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:57 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimstone82 View Post
I can't believe the developers still haven't fixed the combat movement and targeting mechanics that people have been complaining about. The constant rolling around is ridiculously annoying and the fact that you can't target specific enemies is maddening.
You need to understand that the devs have no intention of fixing anything because nothing is broken. That is how they intended the combat mechanics to be. Im sure it's perfect the way the devs want it to be. However...

It is exactly how you said it in your second sentence in the quote above... They are WEAK mechanics. Not broken, just lousy mechanics that made a very promising game lacking in terms of gameplay.