We just hit $100K appstore revenue milestone for iMockups, I blogged the sales data

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Endloop, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Endloop

Endloop Well-Known Member

2. mlfarrell

mlfarrell Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    Nice job. You guys really went for an uncaptured market. At least by indie devs. I've tried twitter with no success but I forgot you can grab the attention of others by mentioning them in a message (I hate the word tweet).

3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    if you call $100k "moderate," compared to what the average dev considers "successful" on the appstore nowadays... yikes! Anyway, congrats with your app and thanks for sharing the info!

4. Endloop

Well doesn't everyone wish they made Angry Birds or Doodle Jump? We can dream can't we? ;)

5. Endloop

Thanks, I can definitely say that there are no shortcuts to getting the most out of Twitter. It's a lot of work and not everyone enjoys it. It's easier if you have active local Twitter users that do meetups like we have in Toronto.

6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    I know this is kind of unrelated, but it's good to see that the creator of one of my favorite apps (Arcade Solitaire: TriTowers) is doing well. I love your games. :)

7. Endloop

Aww thanks! We have one more productivity app we're finishing up, then we're making a new game, our biggest one yet :)

8. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Great read and congratulations! An untapped market is a good thing to find

9. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    You've mentioned that $100k is no match to the $1 million that other success stories made but I have to say it is a great amount for such a niche market. $100k is definitely a fat amount for your target market. Congratulations!

10. FavoriteIGames

FavoriteIGames Active Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Congratulations!!! keep up the good work and hopefully you'll hit your $1 mil !

11. Endloop

Thanks folks, I have to say that we still have to take on some client work to keep cashflow running smoothly as our team is no longer just me and my brother.

We're also getting back into the game development side once we finish up our next productivity app. We're hoping if we get 2 productivity apps selling decently, it will give us some breathing room to build a pretty solid game.

Best,
    Ken

12. Kniveswood

Kniveswood Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Thank u for sharing your success story. Very interesting read! :)

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    That!
    Am Glad you cared to share :)