Is Solomon Dark Still a Thing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Royce, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Raptisoft has been quiet for months. The Raptisoft forums have been completely unattended and are now just a spam repository. I used to beta test for him so I even tried logging into the beta forum and it is defunct (it's certainly possible he switched to using testflight and email). There is no news anywhere that I can find since the teaser video earlier this year. I'm desperate for information. Anyone have any?

2. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    I wish I knew. John hasn't responded to the thread on here in many months. From the way he was talking then, the game should have been out by now. I hope to God it is still being released. There isn't another title I'm looking forward to more.

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I've been very anxious for it be released too, and badly hope it still will be. If anyone hears from him, let us know! :eek:

4. mky

mky Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Yup I've been waiting for this too. Been breaking out Solomon's Boneyard again for kicks.

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Seriously I need an update on this game. Get it together rapti.

6. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Wasn't Solomon Dark supposed to be release around October last year? Whatever happened to it? Or... to the dev? I don't mean to jinx, but...

7. Underwater

Underwater Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Atlantis
    One of the comments on the Solomon Dark gameplay video on Youtube:
    " I don't want to ask for a release date because I feel like developers hate that. I was wondering if we could possibly get an update video? If that's not possible, even a reply to this comment would be bomb. Thanks Raptisoft "

They replied " Hi there... I haven't posted an updated video for one big reason: anything new I put into the video would be a spoiler (i.e. would reveal a monster or something unlockable). Now, I could put out a video that would be fairly dull-- i.e. it'd just be gameplay... but who wants to see that?

As for release, things have gone a little slowly this fall, but I'm almost ready to commit to some hard dates. It will be beta (open) sometime in Nov, and release when nobody reports any more bugs. "

They said this yesterday, so it looks like Solomon Dark is still a thing.

8. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    ^ That's great, sad it couldn't meet the Halloween season, but at least it's nearly finished :D

To be frank I was hoping for a revamp of Keep, but more Solomon is all good!

9. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I'm glad to hear that Raptisoft have arisen from the dev grave and commented on the game's status. This year, I hope? :)

10. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Time to check in on this game, we need an update. Open beta said to be November and here we are. Grab ur pitchforks gentlemen, we demand Solomon Dark!

11. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    If you're not a beta tester you can't really demand that version now can you? :rolleyes: btw one the the testers said that a likely date for the release would be 13th Jan 2014, so lower them pitchforks for now.

12. Montanx

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Fair enough.

13. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    "Open beta" means anyone can test, so basically it's going to be a PC version or something, and I have heard nothing of that yet. Closed beta has supposedly been going on for a long time already.

14. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Is that so? I've always thought open beta meant something like beta ready. Well it's still November, let's see if such a version would emerge at some point.