Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM

Default [Soft-Launch] Sherlock: The Network - (by The Project Factory)

Quote:
NZ/UK Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand and Great Britain. Size of the app is 260 MB.

Price in NZ is $6.49 which should translate to USD $4.99

Requirements :

Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.

Sherlock Holmes has a message for you. He wants you to help him solve his latest case. Using your mobile phone, you must navigate the streets of London discovering clues, solving puzzles and piecing together the case.

Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock, Martin Freeman as John, and Mark Gatiss as Mycroft, Sherlock: The Network is the official Sherlock app, containing ten new cases to solve with exclusive video, games, puzzles and a leaderboard for top players.

Got a question? Need some technical assistance? Send us an email on support(at)sherlockthenetwork.com OR check out our FAQs at http://www.sherlockthenetwork.com/faq/
iPhone Screenshots

Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 PM

Let`s see how ugly it get`s. The BBC isn`t known for their great Games in the past and The Project Factory is more or less a Developer of more Garbage then AAA Titles in the past.

Filesize:

Old 01-20-2014, 09:14 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Hmm, didn't realise the iPad and iPhone versions were different. Shame that companies are still doing that.

Anyway, as I said in the iPad thread. It's actually quite good, high production values and the new scenes filmed for it are a nice touch. Definitely no regrets, though as a fan of the show, I was bound to enjoy it.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:11 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Note 1:

Game is launching next Week in the States and other Parts of the World.

Note 2:

The Game does contain ten Mini Cases.

Last edited by Sanuku; 01-20-2014 at 11:14 PM..
Old 01-31-2014, 09:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteOzzy View Post
Hmm, didn't realise the iPad and iPhone versions were different. Shame that companies are still doing that.

Anyway, as I said in the iPad thread. It's actually quite good, high production values and the new scenes filmed for it are a nice touch. Definitely no regrets, though as a fan of the show, I was bound to enjoy it.
Yeah, I find it disrespectful when companies still sell separate apps when it is pretty standard to release universal apps now-a-days. However, I went ahead and picked this up on my iPhone and am enjoying it somewhat. It reminds me of a modern version of those old Sherlock Holmes DVD rom games that are on the app store now. It is nice they filmed new little clips specifically for the game, and I love all of the info and mini-games they included.

Even though I am dying to play Sherlock: The Game Is On (http://sherlock-thegame.tumblr.com/) because I'm a much bigger fan of those old-school RPGs, this newer take on the classic adventure game is still pretty fun. And the game's design definitely fits the show style. I'd much rather be walking around a pixelated world with tons of building assets. But as a fan of the show and all things Sherlock Holmes, I'll be enjoying this game from beginning to end.

And other BBC games like Doctor Who: Legacy, Doctor Who: The Mazes of Time, Torchwood, etc. are fun puzzle games as well. Sure, they're not as amazing Republique or XCom, but they've always got a home on my devices.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:36 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Anyone else also still wanting to play this? I'm on an iPhone 5S with iOS 7.0.4 I think, and this game crashes right after the title screen every time. Curious if I'm the only one.