Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2014, 05:48 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Wanted to bump the thread to see if anyone else is playing yet?
Yeah I've been playing the last few days, really enjoy it thus far.
Visuals are top notch, and the audio isn't annoying (looking at you CoC)
Units have skill trees for customization , with active skills you can use at crucial times in battle, as well as passive skills.
Full 3d!! Can rotate the view as you wish, and the zoom out isn't skimpy you can see a lot.
PvE - I'm actually enjoying the pve in this game. Rather than follow a linear path of progression, you have a open world style map to explore. As you explore you'll find other ships, sea creatures, monuments, and pirate bases. Some pirate bases are too strong for you, and you need to build up to conquer them, while others are stage fights, where you must attack 3 - 4 times to beat it. Captured pirate bases generate resources to collect over time.

All in all, really fun title with lots of potential. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Hopefully I won't have to start over after world release, as I'd like to give them money but can't on CA account.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:32 AM

Glad your enjoying it and I have been on the game forums...pretty much only me 1 other guy and the devs there and data won't be reset so you can keep your island the way it is when it's released worldwide.

They keep teasing also about they are working on more suprises for exploration and other things, considering it's only in beta and I like it more than other similar games and it can only get better it's a good thing.

I also wanted to buy a 1 off IAP but can't as it's CA too : ( oh and the data is saved to GC so as long as your on GC you shouldn't ever lose your save.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:21 PM

So is this like clash of clans with a pirate theme? That's what it looks like to me.
Old 06-22-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmingcub View Post
So is this like clash of clans with a pirate theme? That's what it looks like to me.
It's still in beta and they plan to add more but yes similar game with different graphics and variations. Fully 3d and rotatateable also allows exploration with encounters like pirate ships and kraken there's a few and they plan to add more but it's good.

Of course pvp attacking and a bonus there is each troop has seperate skill trees where you can upgrade individual passive abilities and some active abilities you can use during battles.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:01 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I'm really liking this game also, attacking other players seems quite difficult though. Right now I'm just building up my island and exploring. I get attacked multiple times everyday and nobody seems to get more than 30% destruction. I'm sure there are a lot of adjustments to come in future updates
Old 06-22-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingman View Post
I'm really liking this game also, attacking other players seems quite difficult though. Right now I'm just building up my island and exploring. I get attacked multiple times everyday and nobody seems to get more than 30% destruction. I'm sure there are a lot of adjustments to come in future updates
Aye although that's a bad thing too as people were taking resources but not destroying enough base to give me a shield so kept coming back! Defences hold out really well and they have said they will nerf the mortar as it is too powerful already so make use of it while you can!

Mainly I'm exploring too but I do need BP.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:15 PM

So any of you high up on the leaderboards? I know it only works off pirate rank kind of like trophies on CoC but still some indication.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:55 AM
iPhone 5

Default Out now in Australia

Plunder down-under!
Soft-launch extended to Australia.

You can also check out the official Facebook page here: facebook.com/plunderpirates

Cheers!