Looking for feedback on iPad-magazine (German) made with iBooks Author

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stromstock, Feb 27, 2012.

1. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Freelance writer for tech magazines. Master of pup
    Kiel, Germany
    Having zero programming skills I used iBooks Authors to build an iPad magazine. Firstly I just wanted to put together a collection of app reviews from my blog with some videos and galleries but then decided to put some stories and other stuff in as well. The layouts have been challenging, since iBooks Author lacks some features I was used to working with Adobe InDesign.

Here's the link:
    http://itunes.apple.com/de/book/stromstock-ipad-edition-01.2012/id500710792?mt=11

Though it’s completely in German :eek: I would appreciate feedback on the composition very much. And maybe there are some German-speaking users around who would like to comment on the content as well. Anyhow, any feedback is very welcome. It’s free since I just wanted to have it out in the store in time and couldn’t wait for Apple assigning me the US-tax-numerber needed when selling apps/iBooks.

Thanks for listening.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Kiel, Germany
    New issue out… Looking for feedback

After a very tiring month debating with Apple :( the second issue of my iPad-magazine is out on the iTunes Store. :eek: The book is free and iBooks is needed for viewing

Again I am looking for feedback from the community – thus mark… it's all in German. But all constructive criticism is welcome.

The link: http://itunes.apple.com/de/book/stromstock-ipad-edition-02.2012/id528001419?mt=11

Featured are reviews of Azkend 2 HD - The World Beneath, Batman - Arkham City Lockdown, Burnout Crash, Crow, Eufloria HD, Fancy Pants Adventures, Lightopus, On the Wind, Shark Dash, Super Lemonade Factory, Swordigo, Tentacle Wars HD und Waking Mars. There are stories on the freemium-model and ports as well as a feature on some iPad gadgets.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Cronchigon

Cronchigon Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Hey,das sieht sogar echt gut aus :)

4. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Kiel, Germany
    Danke, danke! :D Feel free to comment on the content as well… ;)

5. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Schönen guten Morgen (writing from NY ;))

Looks good! I'll take my time with both issues and I'll leave a review!

6. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Kiel, Germany
    Thanks a lot. Take your time. I really appreciate the input.

7. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Kiel, Germany
    [​IMG]

The fourth issue of Stromstock iPad-Edition made it into the iBooks Store. Lot's of reviews (Bastion, Café International, Dead Space, Fieldrunners 2 HD, Horn, Jack Lumber, Kumo Lumo, McPixel, Mikey Shorts, Plague Inc., Polara, Tentacles: Enter the Dolphin, The Room, The Walking Dead, Wild Blood), stories on emulation and making money on the app store as well as news and gadgets.

Feel free to have a look, and even if you don't get a work since it is all in German, feedback on the overall presentation is much appreciated.

You'll find it here:
    https://itunes.apple.com/de/book/stromstock-ipad-edition-04.2012/id578215398?mt=11

Spreading the word to anyone speaking German with a remote interest in iPad-Apps would be much appreciated. Here's some pics form the inside:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Such a shame its all in german. Dont get me wrong its your native tongue but if you want to reach a larger audience out there then surely its worth doing an english one (or english only ?).

From the pictures the mag looks great, would love to get it every month but i cant due to the language issues. Showing this on an english speaking forum is a tease ! ;)

9. stromstock

stromstock Active Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Kiel, Germany
    Hey, psj3809.

Thank you so much the kind words.

You are completely right in suggesting an English language edition. It would be totally worth it in order to reach a larger audience, but "Stromstock iPad-Edition" is mostly a one man opear composed at night. I simply and sadly don't have the time to translate the whole 75 pages per issue on my own. That is also the main reasons I "only" manage to publish four issues a year.

I have no objection to a crowd translating approach of the project. Although even editing the english language edition would take a considerable amount of time. Still it would surely be worth a try. :cool:

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry didnt realise it was a 'one man band' type operation. If thats the case then i totally understand and congrats on what you've achieved so far.

Theres a couple of Newstand mags i enjoy reading - Eg Lowdown and a few others, i know a lot of content is available online but love reading an online 'magazine' with reviews/news in as well.