iPad Street Fighter X Tekken by Capcom

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by banger1103, Sep 19, 2012.

1. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    I didn't notice that effect in 4th shot! However any news about the game? I think capcom is waiting the end of the tournament to release a new update. I hope they abandon this game in order to develop a more complete sf title with a better multi support and others stuff. This seems a beta title! And I hope they add reflection and blur on characters! At least 22 charcters would be good like Volt!!

2. Pooter

Pooter Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I'd say kill this lame game and port SF Alpha 3.

3. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Or Sf3 third strike with multi support, I play capcom titles in single with ifba(cps2-cps3).

4. kyorishin

kyorishin Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
  5. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    ahah me 124th but i've played only 20 match during this tournament! Game was too laggish, now that tournament is over connection is better:)

6. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
  7. kyorishin

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    for a part time player u did ok ^.^

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, in fact I play almost daily, but finding players is too hard, I hate the long "Sending data" things and lag is a nightmare. This needs an update NOW.

9. kyorishin

Apr 3, 2012
    黑客
    中国
    So gutted I couldn't make it to 100, 5000BP was going to be enough for me to get Lvl 5 Onslaught ... Now i need to play 70 more games to get it... :-(

10. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    As I wrote first now that tournament is over my connection is quite good! I begin to doubt that capcom will release another update! Game needs more fix, more characters, better connection, coin sistem is boring and others stuff!! It's better to release a new title with these modes!!

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Why don't you play with low level gems? Right now is what I'm doing, because using lvl 5 gems vs novice players feels like cheating, and well, I know that I won't get the achievements for getting every box (100 G for Ex Inmense Power? WTF!). And believe me, defeating guys using lvl 4-5 gems using lvl 1 Iron Wall is... GREAT!

IDK, I still want an update for this game, but SFxTK with almost console graphics and full roster would be really cool, the same with SF4.

12. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    #1752 tognesimo, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    It's not possible! I just lose a match vs a level 5 max guy! He killed me in one combo(Heiachi and Hugo).:eek::eek::eek:
    All the fighters of this thread abbandoned the game? Back on sf4volt?

13. tognesimo

Apr 26, 2011
    Uff this thread is goona die, nobody who post some technique for Hugo and Paul! Paul is a good 2player! And I'm number 30th!

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    With Hugo just keep spamming his air down+p. With Paul I like to play safety. If the first attack is blocked, back+sp, or keep attacking and then sp, which keeps Paul at a good distance even if the movement is blocked. NEVER use his down+sp if you're too far. Its recovery is too long.
    At the moment I'm starting to play with Paul as main. I only use it to do some powerful combos, so I still need to discover his pros and cons.

15. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I use Hugo as an anchor for Sim, Rolento or Kaz (mostly Sim lately). I play him very aggressively and put constant pressure on. My favorite "technique," if you can call it that, is mixing up jump-ins. About 60-70% of the time I use his body splash, and the rest of the time I use empty jumps and follow up with his spinning slam. It's really tough to counter if done pretty randomly. For example, cross counters work great against body splashes, but you're dead in the water if I do an empty jump and you end up with a hard tag.

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    That playstyle has one major problem: turtle. I met a player who plays almost the same way, and the best way to counter that is to play turtle: wait and sky rocket/shoryuken/whatever or super. And another flaw is if the other player plays more aggressively than you. Even Hugo's Shootdown Backbreaker can be beaten by some air attacks.

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    That counter strategy works against Hugo on point but is much less effective against him as an anchor. When using him as an anchor, my opponent is almost always on the ground already when Hugo tags in. And if someone turtles, I empty jump and then use the spinning slam.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that turtle is more effective on anchor than on point. Remember that the Partner Gauge will be decreasing over time, so turtle here and a strong special move that could decrease his Gauge even if the movement is blocked could lead to some problems. Many of the players I met that use Hugo, it's only as anchor, and they only know to do a combo after a launch and use sp or the Backbreaker then. I only met one player that played the way you said, and playing turtle was the best option. I fought him again and instead of playing turtle, I played more agressively than usual, and that also worked.

19. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I sometimes ignore the partner gauge, knowing that my opponent is watching it and waiting. I often do a ton of damage because opponents assume that I'll back off when the gauge is low. When I turn it up, I can catch them by surprise. Sure, I eat a huge combo at times, but it's worth the risk. Also, I use level 5 speed gems, so I can get out faster than people expect.

I guess it all depends on my opponent's play style, but yeah, most Hugo's are one trick ponies.

20. dNastyee

dNastyee Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Been using Paul for a while now as a secondary for his great damage output and cross counter, but finally I've come to the conclusion that it's time to switch.
    While his combos are fun, practical, and dangerous, his game is otherwise too one dimensional. In my opinion, he has horrible throw range, walk speed, dashes, normals and specials - which is pretty much everything. After landing his combos, he becomes the worst character in the game, with no way of applying any real pressure.
    Heihachi seems like a really good secondary, however, and I'm going to try him out. What are his best solo/tag-in combos?