Universal World of Tanks Blitz (By Wargaming.net)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ip4weather, May 5, 2014.

1. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012

World of Tanks Blitz - Mobile

WARGAMING Group Limited
    Meet a truly legendary MMO shooter for your mobile device! Join the army of fans of this FREE multiplayer tank game an…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Meet a truly legendary MMO shooter for your mobile device! Join the army of fans of this FREE multiplayer tank game and enjoy action-packed tank battles on your device. Explore the many vehicles, maps, and 8 modes to find your favorite tank battle! UPGRADE YOUR TANKS Choose from more than 400 vehicles, ranging from Tier I to sophisticated Tier X machines. Pump up your metal beasts in the Garage to enjoy this action game to the fullest. AND FANTASY VEHICLES TOO Test experimental vehicles brought to life from the blueprints of famous engineers to feel extra special! USE YOUR TANKS’ ADVANTAGES IN BATTLE Each tank in battle offers unique gameplay mechanics. The different shapes of hulls and turrets can deflect even the most powerful shells. WIN REWARDS Enjoy in-game events inspired by monsters, dinosaurs, cartoons, musicians, and other game universes! Complete your own special missions for rewards to upgrade your favorite vehicles. FIGHT IN 30+ BATTLE ARENAS Shooting games are never boring, and tank battles are no exception. Unleash your firepower against enemies in a variety of maps. Avoid the heat in a sunbaked desert, study ancient ruins in the Mediterranean, or crawl through a dark and dim secret base lost in time. But that’s not all! Launch your war of tanks on the Moon in low gravity or surprise your enemies with mystical abilities like rising from the dead. PLAY IN A TEAM AND WIN TOURNAMENTS You never play alone! Join clans and play with friends in online multiplayer games. Build your own platoon, roll into battle as a team, and compete for glory, high rankings, or prizes! WoT Blitz is cross-platform, so you can play on different devices. DRIVE HISTORICAL VEHICLES Drive and upgrade historically accurate tanks and tank destroyers from Germany, France, Japan, Great Britain, China, the USSR, the USA, and other nations. OPTIMIZED GFX FOR ANY DEVICE This PvP shooter is automatically optimized for your device. Get the most out of driving exciting tank models, and watch massive explosions and spectacular blown-off turrets flying around a battle arena. Go to settings to find the balance between fantastic visuals and high FPS. World of Tanks Blitz is a living tank universe that never stops evolving. Hurry up to enter the game and roll out into battle! The action game is suitable for adults and children over 12 years old. It requires at least 2.5 GB and a stable Internet connection.  Learn more at https://wotblitz.com/ 2024 Wargaming.net
    Information
    Seller:WARGAMING Group Limited
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Jun 28, 2014
    Updated:Mar 06, 2024
    Version:10.7
    Size:3.3 GB
    User Rating: (26)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #2 Rip73, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 5, 2014
    Note: it is in soft launch in Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Iceland.

Awesome game.
    Well worth downloading.
    My new favourite tank battler.
    Played it for a few weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Will almost certainly be a permanent addition to my library.

Obviously f2p model but no timers. Jump in a game and play.
    Has premium currency and soft currency but not judging yet as in soft launch but seems very fairly earned so far.
    Has consumables such as health packs, repair packs and what have ya. Didn't really use them too much in testing but they can be useful.

Note that shells and high impact shells do cost currency. You'll never really notice it as the match rewards are obviously always higher but do buy wisely. Don't just pack up on the high impact explosive shells.
    This is no different to the PC version of the game so don't confuse it with an iap push. If you feel as though you are getting pushed into buying iap for shells, you're using the wrong shells and too many of them.

There will be a few points in the game that some will reject as an iap push but after a very short period of time with this soft launch version, I've two new tanks and plenty of standard currency and xp with no iap purchase so the game is perfectly playable.
    Paying and non paying customers will have equal levels of access to everything in the game. Paying customers will just earn xp/currency a little bit quicker and that's more or less it bar the premium tanks but I detail them below and I never saw them giving an advantage beyond they didn't need upgrading.
    For a f2p, it is very balanced with no timers or energy systems. People really shouldn't have any problem with it.

It has some premium currency tanks but during the beta, I'd have to say a mid level non premium tank turned out to be my best one.
    I tried a few mid level to high mid premium tanks and preferred the tier 3 panzer non premium. Can't remember all their names as there is so many but don't be put off by premium tanks. Overall, tiers are far more important and any non premium is as competitive and more so when upgrades are applied to it.
    A particular tier 5 one is what I'm aiming for again (betas were reset when it ended so no overpowered testers in there) and it's not a premium one.
    Must get better at remembering the tank names because I can't remember that tanks name but it was German tier 5 medium tank. Had a good combination of speed and firepower.
    Overall the balancing is very good though because it was never an easy win even with a high level tank. As I may have said before, tactics were far more important.

Has an optional subscription model similar to Shadowgun Deadzone. You get bonus xp and currency that can be applied to upgrades. Won't be necessary to play. A casual player can survive and earn easily without it. Or just pick it up for a day if you want to play longer and earn more in stages. Very handy really.
    It won't give you special access or anything like that. I can see it as being useful if you're going to play long sessions at times and want to boost your earnings or xp for upgrades or tanks quicker. It won't give you exclusive content or an advantage in battle though so it is balanced.

First battle a day in each of your owned tanks nets double xp and currency.

Now that iap stuffs out of the way, on to what really matters and that is the game is simply excellent.

Firstly, file size on iPad 4 is 961mb.

Runs at avery solid and stable 60fps. No hiccups, no slowdown, no lag, no latency, no problems.
    Has loads of servers up and running for it and will be heavily supported going forward.

Very extensive choice of tanks and upgrades. Far too many to detail as it has a huge tank and upgrade tree.
    Crew upgrades also.
    There is simply too much there to cover here with almost 100 tanks I think and a huge range of upgrade and equipment (turrets, tracks, armour thickness, barrels, etc, etc, etc) variations that have a very distinctive effect and allow for a huge amount of tailoring.
    The research tree (tanks, equipment and upgrades) has to be seen to be believed.

Its worth noting that the tutorial is extensive and occurs in stages so everything won't be visible straight away. There is basic controls, tanks, battles, currency, weapons and tanks upgrade tree.
    I'm probably missing a couple of items in there but it is detailed training more so than a tutorial and includes an online battle in each starting tank and gaining familiarity with battles.
    It's very detailed.

Looks very much like a long haul game that will pay off a time investment but will suit short play sessions and casual play as well. It is very entertaining either way and visually excellent.

And obviously enough, as it is an online multiplayer, it does require an internet connection:)

Also, when you die online, you die. No respawn.
    The battle will finish without you and you will get awarded your rewards when its over no matter what.
    The results rewards show up in notifications in the news tab of the game for battles you die in.
    This no respawn won't be a problem as you have three starting tanks, can equip more tanks and more tank slots and jump straight back in to another match with a different tank while the other one runs its course.

It's also not a run and gun type or arcade tank battler. Tactics will pay off a lot better and proper aiming techniques for weak spots on enemy tanks are very important.

Nice tidy sized maps so far. More in development. Not too big, not too small but definitely tactics orientated.
    Each battle is seven minutes by the way.

Graphics are very impressive and the level of detail is very nice. Easily up there with the best. It'd be hard to pick a winner visually with Supremacy but I think this one has the edge in the important places.

Physics are very good, very realistic and not arcade like with a very solid damage model. Even shattered tracks will be visible until repaired.

Controls are exactly what you'd expect. Left direction pad (static or floating), right for viewing, fire button, zoom button, shell type selection, etc.
    Fully customisable and reposition able in the settings so nobody should have any problems

Overall, I'd consider it very hardcore in relation to other games on the platform, but it is easily the best tank based game out there now. And probably my favourite game right now (until MC5 anyway).
    A proper experience with an extremely impressive equipment level and far more stuff to it than I've detailed. And a hell of a lot more planned.

I cannot recommend it enough. I was very pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed by it.
    Don't expect an easy run with it though as it is challenging, which I personally think is great.

3. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    whan can we expect this on us store?

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#4 Sanuku, May 5, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014

World of Tanks goes mobile!

World of Tanks Blitz is a free-to-play mobile MMO action game developed by Wargaming, the award-winning online game developer and publisher of World of Tanks, the smash PC hit now with over 80 million players worldwide!

Drawing inspiration from the PC version, World of Tanks Blitz is built specifically for optimal online mobile gameplay and is currently available on your iOS device.

With an impressive roster of over 90 massive tanks, stunning graphics, and intuitive touch-screen controls, World of Tanks Blitz makes it easy to jump into short, action-packed 7vs7 tank battles no matter where you are!

“Shown on iPad, the game looks as good as its PC and Xbox 360 counterparts.”

—Examiner

“We’ve seen a lot of less ambitious tank games come out on mobile. Everyone has the same idea. They all want to be the World of Tanks on mobile.”

—Gamesbeat

“The game played extremely well on the tablet.”

—MMORPG

FEATURES

•Over 90 iconic vehicles from Germany, the United States, and the USSR
    •4 different tank classes including light, medium, heavy, and tank destroyers
    •Strategic 7v7 online multiplayer gameplay
    •8 unique battle arenas
    •In-game chat functionality
    •Constant graphics enhancement and updates, as well as optimization for various devices
    •Real-life physics to create realistic tank movement and damage mechanics
    •Detailed tutorials
    •Ability to invite your friends to play online
    •In-game achievements
    •Free to play with equal access to in-game elements for paying and non-paying players
    •Easy to learn, intuitive touch screen controls

Download World of Tanks Blitz now FREE!

For more information please visit http://wotblitz.eu/

iPhone Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

World of Tanks Blitz - Mobile

WARGAMING Group Limited
    Meet a truly legendary MMO shooter for your mobile device! Join the army of fans of this FREE multiplayer tank game an…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Meet a truly legendary MMO shooter for your mobile device! Join the army of fans of this FREE multiplayer tank game and enjoy action-packed tank battles on your device. Explore the many vehicles, maps, and 8 modes to find your favorite tank battle! UPGRADE YOUR TANKS Choose from more than 400 vehicles, ranging from Tier I to sophisticated Tier X machines. Pump up your metal beasts in the Garage to enjoy this action game to the fullest. AND FANTASY VEHICLES TOO Test experimental vehicles brought to life from the blueprints of famous engineers to feel extra special! USE YOUR TANKS’ ADVANTAGES IN BATTLE Each tank in battle offers unique gameplay mechanics. The different shapes of hulls and turrets can deflect even the most powerful shells. WIN REWARDS Enjoy in-game events inspired by monsters, dinosaurs, cartoons, musicians, and other game universes! Complete your own special missions for rewards to upgrade your favorite vehicles. FIGHT IN 30+ BATTLE ARENAS Shooting games are never boring, and tank battles are no exception. Unleash your firepower against enemies in a variety of maps. Avoid the heat in a sunbaked desert, study ancient ruins in the Mediterranean, or crawl through a dark and dim secret base lost in time. But that’s not all! Launch your war of tanks on the Moon in low gravity or surprise your enemies with mystical abilities like rising from the dead. PLAY IN A TEAM AND WIN TOURNAMENTS You never play alone! Join clans and play with friends in online multiplayer games. Build your own platoon, roll into battle as a team, and compete for glory, high rankings, or prizes! WoT Blitz is cross-platform, so you can play on different devices. DRIVE HISTORICAL VEHICLES Drive and upgrade historically accurate tanks and tank destroyers from Germany, France, Japan, Great Britain, China, the USSR, the USA, and other nations. OPTIMIZED GFX FOR ANY DEVICE This PvP shooter is automatically optimized for your device. Get the most out of driving exciting tank models, and watch massive explosions and spectacular blown-off turrets flying around a battle arena. Go to settings to find the balance between fantastic visuals and high FPS. World of Tanks Blitz is a living tank universe that never stops evolving. Hurry up to enter the game and roll out into battle! The action game is suitable for adults and children over 12 years old. It requires at least 2.5 GB and a stable Internet connection.  Learn more at https://wotblitz.com/ 2024 Wargaming.net
    Information
    Seller:WARGAMING Group Limited
    Genre:Action, Strategy
    Release:Jun 28, 2014
    Updated:Mar 06, 2024
    Version:10.7
    Size:3.3 GB
    User Rating: (26)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    "Download World of Tanks Blitz now FREE!" But it's 2.99, right?

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #6 Rip73, May 5, 2014
    No, its free.
    In soft launch but will still be free at full international launch.
    Soft launch countries in my earlier post in the first line.

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #7 rIcHrAnDoM, May 5, 2014
    I love Battle Supremacy by Atypical Games, that said, I gotta admit this looks boss. I just don't like the iap scheme of "keep paying, keep playing". I'm hopeful that won't be the case here, will have to wait and see. That's what I really like about BS. I paid 5 bucks and that's for everything.

Richard.

•Free to play with equal access to in-game elements for paying and non-paying players

I'm not sure if this means you can buy unlockables, but if that's all the iap then I'm in depending on how quickly you can do so without paying. :D

8. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #8 Freeway82, May 5, 2014
    Why would anybody play this freemium crap with no single player game mode when there is a better, much prettier, dynamic and made-with-gamers-at-heart version with the name battle supremacy on the appstore? Which also comes with nice single player (with varied game modes) and nicely crafted multiplayer modes and no useless consumable nonsense.

Anybody who does, deserves a brain transplant.

I'm out this thread.

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm a big BS fan, but I'm also open to new game experiences so I'll give this a try before I just write it off, that is when it's released in the US :)

10. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Because, man, WoT is a multimillon business with computer sports tournaments for real money and zillions of fans worldwide.

As I'd say such a lot of people can't be wrong.

The game is really good and freemium model is more or less ok with this one - better then those EA's games.

11. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Yet, I have to admit that the choice of countries for soft-launch is a bit weird, athough a company that owns a private bank should know better ;)

12. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Exactly the reaction I'd expect from some.
    Research might be required though.

The pc version of this, as of Dec 2013 has 75 million registered users and regularly reaches server peaks of 1.1 million concurrent players. It has an 80 meta critic rating.

The developer knows very well what gamers want and already make the game that every other tank game wants to be.

And while Supremacy is definitely a fantastic game and well worth having for anybody on the platform, the reality is that this is more dynamic, easily as pretty, much better and made by people that already know how to make a gamers at heart vision because they've already done it with a huge level of success on the pc market and have a very dedicated and loyal player base.

It may lack a single player mode but i don't need another single player mode, I have Supremacy for that.
    But this does the multiplayer much better. And that's not taking anything away from Supremacy, it is still one of the best, but this does it that little bit better.

And any of us that can see that and play it don't need a brain transplant, we can just recognise a good game when we see one, judge it for ourselves and don't go with the default knee jerk reaction to freemium that others choose.

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    WoT's freemium model is renowned for fairness and balance between player reward and developer profit. Been quite some time since I last played WoT, but progress was in no way hampered by f2p mechanics (quite on the contrary, the game had a steady, well-paced and rewarding sense of headway), and if Blitz is anything like its origins (and my time in the beta indicates it probably is), then this will probably soon be hailed as one of the better freemium business schemes for iOS.

14. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I would never pick a freemium game which requires me to keep paying and paying, no matter how fair the pay system may seem, and which also lacks basic single player game mode and requires me to be always online over a full package of premium game which pushes the boundaries of the iOS platform while providing me with unlimited fun in both single and multiplayer modes, without milking me to death with iAP and consumables.

Day i do that is the day i have contributed to the death of iOS gaming.

Comparing PC gaming market to it's iOS counterpart is also highly ridiculous as i am also a full time PC gamer and know how the economy over there works. PC gamers would play anything as long as there is no alternative and if a full blown PC version of Battle Supremacy existed, i doubt they'd bother with WoT.

We have that option on the iOS platform and i am not going for the one with all the worst mechanics.

15. Meridian99

Meridian99 Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2012

Have you even played WOT? You say that it requires you to pay to keep playing, but that's absolutely not true. I have played the game on the pc for hundreds of hours and never payed a single cent. I never had to stop playing because of money because that is not how the system works in this game. I am all for premium games but I am also all for fairness.

I have also played the ios version of the game (in the Beta) and it carries the same philosophy as the pc game. Let's not have outrage for outrage sake.

16. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    #18 Bloodangel, May 6, 2014
    AWESOME!! Can't wait. I got accepted into beta... But it was for iPad :(
    So glad soft launch is Iphone too

I have played this for hours on PC.. And recently got it on 360. Now will get on iPhone :)

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    This might be a tad frustrating to hear in retrospect, but... the iPad beta worked fine for iPhone (5S) as well ;)

18. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    What's size for iPhone or is it universal?