Stealth (MGS / Tenchu style game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by NicolasLiatti, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Oops, wrong person. I know, That's what i'm saying. MG series is good too !

2. Mamalovesyou

Mamalovesyou Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2014
    #22 Mamalovesyou, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    @greed The metal gear games were much more closer to the character and could be best termed as isometric,I f you might have played the original snake eater on ps2 and subsistence(which just added a freely movable 3rd person camera) then you would understand how massive a difference it makes and all subsequent nvs and splinter cell games have used it since.Not only does it help with immersion but it makes the game much more easier to control the logic is almost always better,Shooting becomes a lot easier and so does everything else.Bird eye top down is only useful to know where the enemies are which can be solved by just having a radar.Just my 2 cents.:)

@nicolas you beat me to it however I do think the camera made the game a lot more easier,you could always use sonar and stuff to detect life forms,I don't remember it having a certain radar which showed position of the player at all times.
    Still looking forward to your game.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
  4. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Fantastic looking game, you said that it has been submitted so any release date?

5. Thanks :)

It was submitted 8 days ago, so it should be released this week (I hope!).

6. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
    Great news, I was craving for another stealth game for iOS, I'll instabuy this :D

7. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    The game looks great! Also, will the game be able toe in on a iPod Touch 3G 32GB that runs IOS 5.1.1? Lastly, what will future updates hold(New Features, etc.)?

8. TheOutlander

Apr 15, 2014
  9. Unfortunately iPod Touch 3G may be too low, I would recommend iPod Touch 5G / iPad 2 / iPad mini for a good experience at 30 fps.

For the feature updates I'm thinking so far about the MFI support and iCloud in the 1.1. And any other ideas is welcome :)

10. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Do you have to explore in too down view? Or can you walk around and kill people in 3rd person like when you take cover?

11. You can explore in top down or fps view (you can totally move in this view), but the 3rd person/TPS view is only when you take cover.

12. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Would you be able to post a video of the first person view? Btw, I love the looks of this game!##

13. Sure, I'll try to make it today.
    We can see it in the hands-on from Appspy during a few seconds, although they just use the view to observe the scene and they didn't really move.

14. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I love stealth games and this looks very promising. Looking forward to getting my hands on this!

15. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Is this coming out today? Wasn't included in the "out tonight" post....

16. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I'm interested to know as well.

17. Unfortunately it's still in the Apple validation process :(

It's been 11 days now so that should happen very soon. I will of course keep you in touch as soon as I receive news.

18. Good news, Stealth was approved and will be available within the next hours on the Appstore :)

I really cannot wait to see your first feedbacks!