Announcing "Up To The Top", with gameplay trailer - Testers wanted

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Pixeleap, May 11, 2011.

1. Pixeleap

Pixeleap Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    #1 Pixeleap, May 11, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hi Guys,

We are a 3 man indie start-up from Denmark called Pixeleap, this is our first game and it is called Up To The Top.

We have been working on it since September 2010 and we are very excited to finally show you our progress.

The game is about our little green friend who wants to be the best climber in his world. There are 3 unique worlds with its own set of graphics and music.

In some of the worlds you will encounter mountain goats who will try to sabotage you by throwing large rocks at you !

The game controls like the classic platformer where you can run in both directions with the left part of the joypad and jump with the button to the right.
    A lot of time have gone in to getting the controls just right as we consider this one of the most important aspects of an iOS platformer.

We have now entered the final phase of development and we would be honored if YOU would like to help us test the game before we release it.

To participate in the test, please send us information about what device you want to test on, the OS version and the unique identifier. Send it all to [email protected] and please make it known here in the thread that you send it, thank you! :)

Like I said, we are very excited about the game and equally excited to hear all your initial thoughts about it, so let us hear it ;)

On behalf of the Pixeleap team.
    Peter

Attached Files:

2. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Application sent! May. 11th 2011

3. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Holy crap. Another platformer. This looks sick too. Is it level based or endless, I could not tell from the video.

4. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Hi guys :)

@Jdragoon19 Thank you, I see it in the inbox :)

@Injuwarrior Thanks! It is level based, there are 21 different levels and the goal is to get from the bottom to the top. There are several ways to get up there and all levels have a hidden item somewhere along one of the paths :) Some paths are easier than others and some paths will have more treasures than others. The good scores will come from switching between the paths on the way up :)

Peter

5. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Haha ya no problem! I love beta testig games :) btw the game looks amazing plus the hidden objects/treasure sound awesome!

6. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    Great. I love the platformers with larger levels. Keep us updated on release dates and progress.

7. shyguy3

shyguy3 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Ohh Ohh, another great looking platform. Didn't see this one coming. I just hope they all don't come out at the same time. It'll put a huge strain on my wallet.:D

8. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    @jdragoon19 hehe great! :)

@injuwarrior sounds good, I will be sure to post here when we have someting new :)

@shyguy3 hehe thank you :) we sure hope we will differ from the others, and just be super fun :) If you have any specific questions let me know, did you notice that "life" is replaced by time in the game :)

Peter

9. shyguy3

Sep 18, 2010
    Now that you mention it, will this be universal? I'm just curious.

I did, anything that makes a game stick out with something thats not typical in most other games is a win win for me.:)

10. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    e-mail sent :)

11. MuMiN

MuMiN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Email sent! :D

12. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Thanks for the emails and all kind words guys :)

@shyguy3 the game runs on all devices, but we do not have a HD edition, we are sending it out to a few ipad testers (already some in this thread) and let them be the judge of it, we think it upscales nicely, but we will let the testers be the judge of that :)

To all of you who are interested, here is a link to the 3 musical themes:
    http://soundcloud.com/pixeleap/sets/to-the-top-soundtrack

Peter

13. shyguy3

Sep 18, 2010
    Thanks Peter,

The game looks great regardless. I'm a huge fan of platforms and this will definitely go on my wish list. Best of luck with "to the top".:)

14. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Sounds great and thank you! :) we love the positive feedback we are recieving on our game so far. Makes it all that more fun :)

Peter

15. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    We are really excited to hear what you guys think of our concept and also the soundtrack. Jesper custom made the soundtrack and play most of the instruments him self and we would like to hear some initials thougts on it and ofcourse the game in general.

thank you :)

Peter

16. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
  17. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    Great Melvin, I see you mail, thanks! We are very excited to get as many testers on board as possible :)

Peter

18. Pixeleap

Apr 7, 2011
    Denmark
    new artwork for the icon

Hi Guys,

As promised I am back with a little update on the progress.

We are working hard to tweak the game as best we can before the beta launch (so you dont have to point out the obvious ;) ) and we are also working on the final artwork.

Jesper just finished work on what we believe would make a great icon for our game.

We would very much like to hear from you what you think of the icon and if you think anything could be improved/changed, please let us know, this is our first time making one, but we still wanna get it right ;)

Here is the big version:
    [​IMG]

and here is the small version:
    [​IMG]

Let your thoughts be known ;)

Peter

19. shyguy3

Sep 18, 2010
    It would be good if the icon showed him jumping on a platform avoiding an enemy. Don't know if it would fit on the icon but just a thought.

20. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    sent one yesterday. Did you guys get it?