iOS Pre-App Store Testing Platform - Pay4Bugs

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by appartisan, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hi Folks,

My buddy and I run a small software development shop, with 2 iOS apps in the App Store, and another one in review. Unfortunately, we know first hand how important early App Store reviews are on the long term sales of your App, when our first app got slammed. Not only do you have to deal with customers that don't use it per your exact specifications, you also deal with different hardware, networks, langage settings, etc. The list goes on.

One of our "side projects" is Pay4Bugs.com, a crowd sourced, software debugging marketplace. Developers assign the bounty, and then only pay for valid bug reports. In order to help fellow iOS software developers, and to test our own software down the road, we have just launched an iOS software testing feature in Pay4Bugs.

Developers can upload their IPA into Pay4Bugs, then create testing projects. From there on they can add interested testers into the team, then wait for bug reports to flow in.

My question for the iOS development community here at Touch Arcade is this: Are you guys willing to use a service like this? and at what price point? (yes, you can say free... it's a valid suggestion) Right now the iOS service is part of the Indy Gold plan at $29.95 per month, but since we're new to iOS testing, we're eager to find out what everyone thinks.

Thanks everyone.

http://www.pay4bugs.com/client/mobile-ios-app-testing

2. jogo

jogo Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    How does code sign work with your platform?

3. Team members add their iOS device IDs to their account, which you can export into the iOS Provisioning Portal. From there, you'd need to generate a new provisioning profile, and build your test IPA with it.

Since the tester's UDID is already in the file, they can install the app with just one click from the email.

This is as simple as we can make it at the moment, with the rules set by Apple.