Universal Lunar Mission - A Free physics based lander game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by johnsmith27, Mar 6, 2015.

1. johnsmith27

johnsmith27 Member

Mar 6, 2015
    #1 johnsmith27, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Youtube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QaNkvNrxf4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 11.3MB

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Does the ship look like a couch to anyone else?

I think it's more fun imagining it that way:

[​IMG]

3. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    Wow, the background art in this game is great. The screenshots don't do it justice.

It's obviously a lunar lander game, so you either like that or you don't. Those typically aren't my favorite kind of game, but I actually really like this one. It's well-polished and feels immersive.

The only thing I don't care for is how long it takes to first launch your ship when you start a level. Just seems like unnecessary waiting. Other than that, I'd say definitely give this a try.

4. johnsmith27

johnsmith27 Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Thanks ThumbSnail, much appreciated :)

I will speed up the waiting launch countdown in a future update as many people pointed this out.

5. leoborisovich

leoborisovich Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Screenshots remind me of the game "Limbo"

6. johnsmith27

johnsmith27 Member

Mar 6, 2015
    #6 johnsmith27, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    I love Limbo indeed :) , but the design was more a reference to the original Lunar Lander
    [​IMG]

7. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    This is nice! Graphics and sound are minimal but effective and atmospheric. I'm just over half way through the 24 levels and new elements are being gradually added. Controls are really good and there is a fair level of skill required to land without damage. Your performance is related to how intact you keep your ship; land too heavily and you'll damage a "leg" and lose a star rating. It's easy to lose control if you're not careful and the landing mechanic adds a little to other entries in this genre. Adverts are present and reasonably annoying. There seems to be no current option to pay to remove them, which is certainly something I would do if the developer continues to add to the game as promised. What's there at the moment is good, with great potential to be expanded on. I feel there may be more elements in later levels I have yet discovered. This is an easy recommendation for the price (zero)!

8. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Just struggling with the last level. Other elements were added which freshened things up a bit.................this one might take some time. Really enjoyable.

9. ThumbSnail

ThumbSnail Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    One-Man Game Developer
    Under a Raincloud
    @johnsmith27 - Thanks for posting a gif of a 4 star landing. I couldn't figure out why I'd only get three stars, but now I see that I was still landing too hard.

I've played about half the levels. I, too, enjoy the additional elements (such as the rotating bars that block your path) as well as the general increase in difficulty as the stages progress.

10. johnsmith27

johnsmith27 Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Hi,

Bumping this a little, since the game receive a quite big update adding 2 new spaceships along with a design overhaul, please check it out ! :)

Youtube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QaNkvNrxf4

(I can't seem to remove the screenshots at the end of the first post, just ignore them as they are from the earlier version)

11. ob1cat

ob1cat Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Male
    I've played the first 5 levels. First impressions are that it's a well polished game with nice design and fun mechanics (I like the fact there's no fuel bar).

Just a small thing. I can see the status bar on my iPad, not sure if it's deliberate, I personally prefer status visibility set to hidden in games.

Good luck!

12. johnsmith27

johnsmith27 Member

Mar 6, 2015
    Thank you ob1cat

About the status bar, now that you're telling me, I realize it should be hidden indeed... I'll keep that in mind for the next update, thank you.