iPhone Gesundheit! HD (by Revolutionary Concepts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    We are aware ;)
    As DotCom points out we are a small team and so only so many hours to go around. As the achievement apocalypse never happened we've instead been head down focused on finishing this mystery new game, but a fix for that issue is in the works - we're just going to hold off on an update for a while until we have a more substantial update to offer everyone.

2. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    No problem, I understand. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

And continue to give us good game, it's the more important ;)

3. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
  4. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
  5. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Apples 2011 in Review

Always said Europeans were a cultured bunch :p
    [​IMG]

6. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I vote for Gesundheit!:D

7. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    London, UK
    Any chance the issues with the achievements are going to be fixed any time soon? It's been dragging on for months now...

8. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #108 Revolutionary Concepts, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Xmas Ham anyone?

Crazy week (aint it always around this time of the year :p). You could have bowled us over with the lil green guy getting the nod for Best Puzzle Game of 2011 from both IGN and Reviews on the Run ( must see video bit.ly/tj1kLr ), and then the BIG-ONE.. runner-up GOTY again courtesy of IGN.

But we wanted to swing by and make mention to any Gesundheit! fans that santa may have one more surprise in his sack before xmas. A little something we've been working overtime on getting ready for xmas, oh and to answer the obvious question Gesundheit for iOS will receive a long overdue update in January!

Till then, a merry xmas to all and a happy new year!

[​IMG]

9. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    It's relieving to see the mainstream gaming press acknowledging novel and creative design like this, in contrast to the usual "me-too" console high-budget imitations.

10. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
  11. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  12. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    3x the Gesundheit!

3 pieces of Gesundheit! related news...

1. Thank the Gods (Jobs) Gesundheit is featured on the homepage of the Mac Store this week!
    Just $4.99 with Improved gfx and 16:9 full screen options.

[​IMG]

2. We are in the throws of finalising the first major update for Ges iPhone, iPad and Mac. Couple minor bug fixes but also a New Map and Levels!! and iCloud support. A FREE update coming in the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

3. Last but not least some unbelievable news. Gesundheit! (along with Bumpy Road from the awesome guys at Simogo) has been nominated for an Annie, which if you haven't heard of is the Animation Industry equivalent of an Oscar! Cross your fingers, legs, eyes for us and animator extraordianaire Matt hammill when he attends the awards on the 4th of Feb. http://www.annieawards.org

13. SpencerKarl

SpencerKarl Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Awesome. Very exciting.

14. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    #114 Revolutionary Concepts, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
    Seen a lot of screen captures that don't really capture the difference the iPad retina display makes.
    As hard as it is to convey on a regular monitor hopefully this comparison (showing roughly 1/6th of the screen) will give you guys an idea of what to expect when the update hits.

Not long to wait now. Apologies for the super-sized image guys but that's the world we live in now eh :p
    [​IMG]

15. RayZZoo

RayZZoo Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Belgium
    Impressive !!! :)

Do you know when the update will hit ?

16. PlexShaw

PlexShaw Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    London, UK
    Is the update ever going to come out or should we expect to see it when Apple next increase the resolution on the iPad? :rolleyes:

17. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Yeh fair comment. Sorry it seems to be taking so long. Finished some weeks back but was a much bigger job to get it working on the new iPad than we thought. Gesundheit! asks a LOT performance and memory-wise, so not as simple as just swapping out some graphics as we hoped - not even close :( Then gotta go through Konami's QA before we can release, which it's currently doing.

Thanks for your patience though, I'll pop back and update soon as it pops out the other end.

In the meantime look for first details and screens on our first major release since Gesundheit in the next few days :D

18. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Please do keep us informed! I've been waiting to hear if this was still active and going to get the new iPad resolution treatment, or if it was abandoned and forgotten. I own the iPhone version and now that I have a new iPad, I've been looking forward to buying this for it too, but only if it's not going to be a blurry mess. I'm so happy to hear it's being updated!

19. Revolutionary Concepts

Nov 12, 2009
    Huzzah! Gesundheit! has passed Konamis QA testing and is now in the review queue at Apple.

Not long to wait now guys.
    Thanks!

20. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Very good news!