The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

04-17-2015, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
You might want to try booting into safe mode and reinstalling the system software (note that this will wipe everything out, including save data, so back any up if you want to). Be sure to scroll down to the section labeled "Perform a New Installation of the System Software" and get the system software from that section, not from the section on updating the system software.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/su...m-updates/ps4/

Also note that on the flash drive you have to be sure to name the folders with uppercase letters. They mention that in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7RZ...7440CD&index=2
Thanks crunc, I have been through that but problem still occurs so I think it may be hardware related but appreciated anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Ouch 400? Is it not under warranty?
It's about 6 weeks out of warranty, actual quote was $375, new ones here costing $650 but it is still a lot. I did contact support during warranty and they suggested re initialising software which I did and being a one off thing it seemed to be sorted, outside of warranty it has come back with a vengeance.

Thanks for the tips and info.
Yesterday, 01:20 AM
Big sale. Any must haves?

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
Yesterday, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Big sale. Any must haves?
Hotline Miami and Awesomenauts: Assemble.
Yesterday, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Well, it's varied but increasingly more frequent, turns itself on, turns itself off, puts itself into rest mode, resets itself until it gets stuck in safe mode. Last couple of nights I've been unable to play much without it happening while playin, or even just browsing. Seems fairly common looking it up on the net so was curious to see if anyone here had been affected, I rang support and they want nearly $400 to look at it, brilliant customer care.
Are you using a surge protector?
Today, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
Are you using a surge protector?
Yeah, it's a manufacture problem and looking at Google not an isolated occurrence.