OpenGL ES 2.0 help!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by socom39, Dec 5, 2010.

1. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

"This App Is Incompatible With This iPod touch. This app requires OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics capability."

Im trying to purchase Eden - World Builder and I keep on getting this error message. I have a 3rd gen, 8gig iPod Touch.

In the app description it says "Requires minimum of iOS 3.2" and also "Eden is optimized for: iPod Touch 3rd generation and new, iPhone 3GS and newer".

So I am confused why I can not download this app even tho the description says it is optimized for my device I keep on getting this error message.

2. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    Because iPod Touch 3rd Gen 8GBs arent actually 3rd Gen

They have the same hardware as a 2G

3. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

That's a big goof by Apple. I'd be right pissed if I found that out after I owned it.

4. ipod_david

ipod_david Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    my brother was also trapped in this - big show apple, still confusion after more than 12 month, applause!

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Trust me, I was. I thought I got a 3rd Gen iPod Touch last year, and when I found out it was only a 2G after trying to play N64 on it I almost threw it out the window.

6. Bfn8r

Bfn8r Member

Dec 5, 2010
    #6 Bfn8r, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    I have been trying to get the same exact app, and I have a 2nd gen ipod with 4iOS software on it, and have gone through heaven and hell trying to get the dang thing on my ipod, I went so far as to jailbreak it and install cydia and the "free apps from apple store app" (not actually called that, but is blurred out on here) to get the app, but I tried every link but in the end it simply wouldnt install. my overall conclusion is that you definately need ATLEAST an ipod 3rd gen 16 GB or better, along with iOS 3.2 or better, and I have no such luck... I have even been searching the net trying to find a way to upgrade the OpenGL manually, but there really is no way to do this (not with my ipod anyway), so for better words, we need a newer ipod, or we can wait til the new minecrafted app comes back to the store (after its little mishap and removal), which shouldnt be too long I wouldnt think, but it is all we can really do. unless of course, we get the same dang problem with that app when it is released too, in which case Im gonna snap my ipod in half because I bought it so I COULD play those cool apps... and listen to music. All in all, we are SOL, sorry.

7. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Only true 3rd gens are the 32gb and the 64gb they are the only versions with newer ARM A8 CPU and Power VR SGX GPU.

I personally think it's very deceptive of apple to sell 2nd gens letting people believe they are 3rds I never knew this myself until I'd bought mine luckily enough I bought the 64gb through pure fluke.

People really paying the price for this are the developers having to cope with an awful lot of people who really believe they have 3rd gens. Apple should really clarify this more on the app store to stop people wasting their money.

8. socom39

socom39 Well-Known Member

Wow I have had my iPod for over a year and never knew this... im really ticked :mad: might just send apple a email and let me know how displeased I am.

9. footballfan896

footballfan896 New Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I got Eden with a 8gb 3G iPod touch

I am not sure if the app changed but I was not able to download Eden at first then just a few days ago I downloaded it just fine. Now I can't download star collision

10. n8equalsd

n8equalsd Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    That's weird. My iPhone 3G can play Eden.

11. Danielle

Danielle New Member

Jun 23, 2011
    iTouch 3G and it doesn't have it

I have an iTouch 3G and tried to download TopGirl and it wouldn't let me IM PISSED OFF 

12. Drakynnan

Drakynnan New Member

Sep 7, 2011
    weird, i have ipod 2g, 4.2, and it works fine on it