Universal Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - (by Beamdog)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 29, 2012.

1. darrinsden

darrinsden Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    here i was thinking I would actually work today... spent an hour so far :)
    been waiting for this

2. kozz84

kozz84 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    It looks fine. Definitely not retina, but you don't notice it from a normal viewing distance.

3. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
  4. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Filters that "soften things" are terrible. I don't want blurry vasoline smeared over my games. I'll buy when I get home but I'm not hopeful.

5. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Why not check out videos and screens before you judge?
    It looks better than vanilla BG when on max zoom, if they hadn't used the filter it would have been way too pixelly...

For those who wonder about multiplayer, a dedicated multiplatform matchmaking system will be released at a later date.

6. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    This is where I got stuck on the PC version a long long time ago..
    I could never find that sucker..

7. Quantus

Quantus Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Is the text difficult to read on the Mini? If you own Avadon or Avernum, how does it compare?

8. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    Been waiting for this for months!!!

Just about to download it then I see it needs an OS update.
    Nooooooo!!!

Sorry but I'm not updating my os, until this is fixed you've lost my sale. :(

9. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    You can use the "TAB" button on pc to reveal everything you can manipulate on a map, it wasn't present on BG Vanilla.

There's an icon on the iPad version that does the same. Makes it much easier to see where you need to touch to open doors and stairs...

10. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Anyone else stuck in a loop in the tutorial?

I'm at the part where the thief teaches you to pick locks. I went to the cabinet, picked the lock, got party xp for it, but it didn't seem to register. She keeps asking me to pick the lock, but it's no longer pickable. What dumbass thing did I do wrong?:confused:

11. Den.RazoR

Den.RazoR New Member

Dec 7, 2012
    iOS programmer
    Fuuuuu iOS6 and 9.99$... Going update iOS and broke piggy bank :D

12. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    What a great gift this is on my birthday! What wasn't great was cleaning out my iPad for space after MC4 and Vice City also came out this week. Put a lot of loved ones to rest, but I'm set for a while.

13. jamessh1

jamessh1 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Can I get some basic help to get this working ?

I bought and downloaded the game.

Hook up iPad to laptop . iTunes recognizes iPad and goes to sync up. Baldurs gate shows up in the sync, then stops and says "iOS 6 needed" or something along those lines

I update to IOS 6 and then update my iPad . Reconnect to my laptop. iTunes syncs but doesn't add Baldurs gate to the iPad.

It shows the game as one of my iPad apps, but doesn't want to auto sync it to my iPad.

Any input on what exactly I'm doing wrong and how to get this game on my iPad so I can start enjoying it? :)

Sorry Is this is a noob issue, and help is appreciated!

14. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Check the file under Apps, and then sync your Ipad.
    The new ITunes disabled that.

15. DodgeV83

DodgeV83 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    For anyone interested, the iPad version does NOT support iCloud. A huge omission considering how long the game is :(

Was looking forward to playing both on my iPad 3rd generation and iPad mini.

16. Greg G

Greg G Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    I am having the same problem. I saved right before and tried a few times. Anyone get past this in the tutorial?

17. jicon

jicon Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I got stuck there too. Had to try about twenty times, touching slightly below the chest to pick up the item.

Also, I think I need to read the manual, and the game needs some icon pictures in the dialog to learn a few things. Making it very difficult to learn what to do at the moment... Not sold on touch controls so far. Two steps to highlight more than one party member, no hover over to tell what spell does what, etc...

18. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    The developers have been using file manager software to transfer saves across different platforms, so unfortunately you may have to live with that as a solution for now.

19. WakeOfPoseidon

WakeOfPoseidon Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Engineer
    #79 WakeOfPoseidon, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    I had this issue at first, after picking the lock, you have click on the cabinet again to open it and take the sapphire (or whatever it is) out. Then she'll acknowledge that you picked the lock.

The trickest part of the tutorial for me was figuring out how to get in the basement (the opening to get there was difficult to see) - my old eyes have become too adjusted to the fidelity of today's games.

Now since we're on the subject of dumb questions - how do you gather your party to climb stairs? All I can do is put them in formation and click the stairs, but they just seem to mill about without going back up.

Update: Figured it out; just had to keep clicking on the stairs while in formation til I got the exact right spot to ascend. Needle in a haystack.

20. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Yeah, the "no tooltip" on skill and spells is absurd, I have no idea what special skills/powers my paladin has. Just 4 icons, I don't remember all icons from 13 years ago!