Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Thank you for posting a video of your game.
I will check it out right away.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
Video of the game is now up on YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNb6VnMAYGE

No audio in the video but the game does have a lot of music and sound effects.
Video has been taken down...
Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Any other videos available? Still on the fence about this one.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:23 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roleki View Post
Video has been taken down...
I have taken down the video as I was not happy with it.

The video was recorded using the Android system and it is to slow and choppy and it also does not record any sound.

I am going to make a new video and use a media recorder to record the game. This way the game is recorded using dedicated hardware and sound will also be recorded.

The new video should be up in a few weeks time.

On a more positive note. Version 2.5 of the game should be approved by tomorrow

Version 2.5 changes :
- Added eight player character skills that can be unlocked when leveling-up.
- Fixed a GUI bug when discovering a secret chamber and leveling-up.
- Enemies now launch projectiles on the last levels of the day dungeons.
- Now only lord and master enemy characters can poison or curse the player.
- Added a sound effect for when a door or chest is locked.

Last edited by Yossarian; 07-17-2014 at 05:54 PM..
Old 07-19-2014, 05:29 PM
iPhone 4

Version 2.5 is now available on the app store and the price has been reduced to 0.99c

Version 2.5 changes :
- Added eight player character skills that can be unlocked when leveling-up.
- Fixed a GUI bug when discovering a secret chamber and leveling-up.
- Enemies now launch projectiles on the last levels of the day dungeons.
- Now only lord and master enemy characters can poison or curse the player.
- Added a sound effect for when a door or chest is locked.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 AM

Well I just picked this up at v1.5 and have played it for a couple of hours. First impressions are mixed. I like the artwork and the music, but the UI is a little difficult to use. For example I was walking around with three spells I'd picked up in the heat of battle somewhere, but had no idea untill I hit the right icon in the inventory out of curiosity and saw them. Too many screens to move through and only goes one way, and the spells are nested.

Played the ranger at first, but found it difficult to get any distance while firing the bow, so got beaten up in melee range a lot. As the ranger can't wear armor, it just wasn't very viable. The penalties for death are IMHO too heavy, losing all money, some experience, stats and levels too was all a bit crushing. I find permadeath less painful to be honest, it's gamer psychology I guess. To add insult to injury my character got cursed so even lower stats.

So next I tried the warrior who got better pickups (seemed to be no bows dropping for the ranger) and could handle the melee, but the game froze a couple of times, probably due to button mashing (finger mashing?). I'm still enjoying the game for its original "feel", but feel it could use more balance, or maybe a "casual" mode.

There could be a memory leak issue, as frame rate dropped after playing it for a while on my old iPad 2, but this could just be a Marmalade thing.

All in all this falls a little short of being a great game, but I feel it's still worth the devs time improving it a little more, and worth the money to anyone who wants to try a roguelike with a different flavor.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:56 AM

Correction, picked up version 2.5 (not 1.5).
Old 07-22-2014, 12:54 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Well I just picked this up at v1.5 and have played it for a couple of hours. First impressions are mixed. I like the artwork and the music, but the UI is a little difficult to use. For example I was walking around with three spells I'd picked up in the heat of battle somewhere, but had no idea untill I hit the right icon in the inventory out of curiosity and saw them. Too many screens to move through and only goes one way, and the spells are nested.

Played the ranger at first, but found it difficult to get any distance while firing the bow, so got beaten up in melee range a lot. As the ranger can't wear armor, it just wasn't very viable. The penalties for death are IMHO too heavy, losing all money, some experience, stats and levels too was all a bit crushing. I find permadeath less painful to be honest, it's gamer psychology I guess. To add insult to injury my character got cursed so even lower stats.

So next I tried the warrior who got better pickups (seemed to be no bows dropping for the ranger) and could handle the melee, but the game froze a couple of times, probably due to button mashing (finger mashing?). I'm still enjoying the game for its original "feel", but feel it could use more balance, or maybe a "casual" mode.

There could be a memory leak issue, as frame rate dropped after playing it for a while on my old iPad 2, but this could just be a Marmalade thing.

All in all this falls a little short of being a great game, but I feel it's still worth the devs time improving it a little more, and worth the money to anyone who wants to try a roguelike with a different flavor.
Thanks for the feedback.

If you character is cursed or poisoned you can make a gold donation to the shrines and the blessing will remove any curse or poison effects.

The ranger and mage characters cannot use armor but they can use enchanted clothing with provide a lot of defense.

I will look to see what I can do to improve the GUI system to make it easier to use and more obvious when spells have been obtained.

Last edited by Yossarian; 07-22-2014 at 02:13 AM..
Old Yesterday, 04:26 AM

Quote:

I also thought the GUI could be cleaned up a bit.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
I also thought the GUI could be cleaned up a bit.
I have submitted version 3.0 to Apple with the following changes :

- The player character level and attributes are no longer reduced when the player is killed on normal game difficulty.
- Added a Previous button to the player GUI system.
- Added a notification when spells are added to the player inventory.

The player GUI is now easier to use and when in the mini-map the player is notified if they have any new spells in the inventory.

Now when the player is killed on the normal game difficulty level then the player only loses all their gold and experience points.

I feel this is enough of a penalty for being killed as now it takes longer for the player to level-up.

Last edited by Yossarian; Yesterday at 11:03 PM..