Submit new metadata. How?? App rejected.

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Balloon Loons, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Balloon Loons

Balloon Loons Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Hey guys. Need some help. I wrote back to resolution center as well but don't expect a reply back any time soon lol. So my app was rejected because I forgot to click the enable gamecenter button. In resolution they say While your iTunes Connect Application State shows as Rejected, we don't require a new binary to address this issue. Please visit iTunes Connect, Manage Your Applications, then select your app and click on View Details. Under the Game Center section, click "Enable for This Version." After making the necessary changes to your metadata, click "Save," then "Submit New Metadata.

So I followed this and I got up to enabling gamecenter. But then I don't see an option to save and upload new metadata! Where is this option? I'm going crazy looking for it lol. Please help and screenshots would be great! Thanks and happy new year everyone!!!

2. As far as I know, you have to do two things. Enable Game centre and then how ever many leader boards (I presume you have created these) you've done, you submit those (tell it to include them) in the section directly underneath the enable button. Just a few button clicks, that's all.

BTW, Meta Data is really just a fancy name for saying information about your game.

3. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Problem is that there is no submit new metadata button. Only the ready to upload binary button which isn't the one I need.

4. Black Ops

Black Ops Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Game Dev, SEM, Analytics
    Philadelphia, Pa
    I might be reading this wrong, but if you went back hit enable multiplayer, you just need to resubmit the app. Even though all you did is turn multiplayer on, it still has to go back through review. I am guessing they are going to review to make sure that is all you did to it and that you didnt include a pic of Obama buggering mickey mouse in the new code.

5. Balloon Loons

Jun 20, 2012
    Yea that's what I thought too but I was confused by their wording. Resubmitting the app means to resubmit the binary which they clearly say you don't have to do. But the button they describe doesn't exist.

Regardless I ended up choosing the ready to upload button and simply uploaded the binary again and now it's in waiting for review status. Supposedly the bad thing about this way is that you are back at the bottom of the que. which sucks. But I guess it's better than waiting for a reply from resolutions.