iPhone Casey's Contraptions

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MysteryCoconut, Oct 21, 2010.

1. MysteryCoconut

MysteryCoconut Active Member

Today the Independent Games Festival revealed the huge list of participants (almost 400!) of the 2011 competition. Between them there are quite a few awesome iOS titles you guys already know about: Max Adventure by Imangi, Tilt to Live HD by One Man Left, and many others.

For the past months Snappy Touch (Noel Llopis), and Mystery Coconut (erÂ… me), have been working on a new title that also made it into the list: Casey's Contraptions!

In the game you play as an 8-year old inventor, that builds outrageous machines with everyday items and toys. The game will include a number of different locations, each one with around 20 levels. Each level has 3 different goals to attain 1, 2 or 3 stars. For each level you solve you can check your friend's solutions, or share your own online. The game even includes a sandbox to build your own levels, and send them to your friends.

A couple (still in-progress) screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope to ship early next year. If you want to get notified of news, subscribe to our newsletter in the site, or join the FaceBook page.

2. Intruder_qcc

Intruder_qcc Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Senior Analyst-programmer
    St-Hubert (Quebec), Canada
    First!!!

:D:p

This game look very promising! Definately looking forward to see this game and to actually play it (damn it seems ill have to buy this iPad quicker than I though damn you Miguel and Noel ;)).

This definitely bring back memories of the old PC game The Incredible Machine!

The art look good/cute, hopefully the physics engine will be great and will help make the game really fun to play (will have to get our hands on it to give a final verdict).

Any ETA of when it will hit the shelfs of the AppStore?

Ohhh and little suggestion, maybe you guys should think about doing one port for the upcoming Mac App Store too ;)

3. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Please tell me that you will be making an iPhone/iPod Touch version of the game! *crosses fingers* :)

4. Intruder_qcc

Mar 28, 2009
    I know that would be great, but considering the type of game and gameplay involve, I feel the tiny screen might be problematic. I am sure @snappytouch when he did his early prototype this summer probably tried it. But will see what will be the official answer.

5. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    I don't see how playing on the iPhone's screen would be any problem at all. Crazy Machines in the App Store is similar to this type of game and plays perfectly on the device.

6. Intruder_qcc

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohhh it does? Well it seem I have another game to check out ;).

7. llopis

llopis Active Member

Yes, we're definitely making an iPhone version :) But right now we're giving the iPad one priority. The iPhone one will come after we ship the iPad one.

8. Intruder_qcc

Mar 28, 2009
    Glad to hear it Noel, then maybe I can wait a little bit longer before buying the iPad :p.

9. Touchgamer3g

Oct 18, 2009
    That's great to hear! Hopefully the iPad version will be released soon so the iPhone version can appear shortly after :)

10. Mrs.Madgarden

Mrs.Madgarden Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    SAHM and admin. work for Madgarden
    Kitchener, Ontario
    I can already hear my 12 yr old son cackling with delight while playing this. Right up his ally. This looks really great guys!

11. MeteorFlare

MeteorFlare Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    looks great!

12. Intruder_qcc

Mar 28, 2009
    Hello folks,

Well just found out you can also follow Casey's adventure on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/caseycs

Looking forward to see what Casey's will have to say ;).

13. MysteryCoconut

MysteryCoconut Active Member

Having some fun with the sandbox editor Angry Birds style :)

[​IMG]