Mass "What Should I Get?" Thread (2012 - 2017)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Zincous, Dec 25, 2011.

?

What device to get?

Poll closed May 30, 2013.
  1. iPod Touch

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. iPad

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. iPad Mini

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    That's not what I think he/she was referring to when they asked about "fighting" games.

2. laxbro270

laxbro270 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    What are some good open world sandbox games

3. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    GTA 3
    Gangstar Rio
    GTA: Chinatown

4. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Look at that persons post count/date joined. It's just a troll, trying to promote that game anyway they can.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I don't have TDKR yet and I'm not sure if it's sandbox, but it's open-world. That's The Dark Knight Rises btw. Also, Eden World Builder and Minecraft Pocket Edition are obviously open-world sandboxes ;)

6. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    If you were referring to titles like minecraft open-world, there is Minecraft Pocket edition, Eden, and probably the best for ios with a hell lot of content : Junk Jack. Junk jack has a pretty sweet community forum going on, with lots to craft, explore and build.

If you want more of a action oriented open world, heres a few: GTA 3, GTA Chinatown Wars, The Dark Knight Rises, Gangstar series by gameloft, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spiderman, Backstab (Gameloft's take on Assassin's Creed)

7. hammerofj

hammerofj Member

Jul 21, 2012
    help me out!

looking for some good games that run pretty well on older devices. i am stuck with an 8gb ipod touch 2g so i can't really get the high tech games anymore..also keep in mind that the highest iOS i am running on is 4.2.1. i have a long plane trip to Thailand in 2 days and was looking for some good games to keep me busy. help me out!

8. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Depends, what types of games do you prefer?

9. hammerofj

hammerofj Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I tried playing Call of Duty: Zombies but it was a little too laggy for me due to hardware limitations...personally, i like RPGs, any strategy games in general, but i am open to all suggestions.

10. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Since you like RPGs, definitely get Mage Gauntlet and Dungeon Raid. MG has tons of content, and DR is an amazing RPG/Match 3 hybrid. There's a lite version for DR if you want to try it out first

11. thezman

thezman Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Try the kariosoft games,Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes are good.So are Silver Sword and Zday if you like RPG like games.For adventure you could get Lara Croft( it may work for you).And for arcade games War Games or Fix it Felix are pretty good.Hope these helped.

12. ProtoEclipse

ProtoEclipse Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I'm looking for games that I can sit down and relax with. Nothing terribly involving. For some reference, I think that Pocket Planes is sort of nice, but there are too many moments where you don't have anything to do. I have been playing the Pathpix series to solve this situation, but seeing as I've finished the series, I need something else.

On another note, I'm looking for something that is really "fresh". Something that isn't overdone on the app store like match-3s, and maybe something that plays to the strength of iOS devices. My example for this is eBoy FixPix, where you use the accelerometer to "fix" pictures.

13. cmac257

cmac257 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Ok, got a 15 dollar itunes card. I loved tiny tower and pocket planes and dont forget pocket frogs. I dont mind if its freemium, just as long as its fair. (You can earn the paid currency). I also like games like zenonia or mage gauntlet.

Edit: Also, i own all the kairosoft games.

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Tiny wings, its definetly relaxing!

15. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Have you tried out Super QuickHook? It's from the same guys that made Mage Gauntlet.

16. cmac257

cmac257 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    #2296 cmac257, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    Ok, I'm going to give this a try once I get wifi. Thanks. Edit: tried it out and...it was good but, it's more of a arcade game then anything else.

17. c0replay

c0replay Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    Looking for a decent tower defence game that's free.
    Thanks

18. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Help me choose! Plz do read! Thx

Hey guys,

I might plan to get one game but i do not know which to get. Plz weite your suggestion and reason why to convince me to get the best choice.

1. Black ops
    2. Black ops 2
    3. Call of duty (franchise)
    4. Battlefield 3

Any other AWESOME games is allowed but they must be great to play!

Thanks,
    Deadlock32

19. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I recently got New World Colony (iOS board game) and i have fallen in love with it. It's fun, balanced, has multiplayer, and awesome ai for single player. Highly recommend it.

@deadlock32 don't play fps games, battlefield:BC2 was the last good one i've played.

20. deadlock32

deadlock32 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I love other games but im a very big fan of fps games. Thats just my opinion. But yea B:BC2 was great. @coconutbowling