Universal [PH Soft Launch] City Mania: Town Building Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Allstars Production, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    old soft launch thread

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    OMG YES
    Been waiting for a new city builder that has some interesting twists. With a stronger focus on the actual citizens.
    I love the idea of merging buildings and the city itself having an overall upgrade path that changes the look of the city and availability of different specialized buildings.

And it's Gameloft so I trust the visuals and stability will be top notch.

This and BitCity will be my city building go-to games for 2017!!!

Awesome game

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    So they region locked the game then this new policy it seems

4. Allstars Production

Allstars Production Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2016
    well

the most interesting is that i'd used vpn . and that hasnt helped

5. Lorena

Lorena Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Can't wait to this!

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What country is it out in? Only PH? I wish the UK got more softlaunches we are a good size country for it I believe

7. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Really? Strange I got it to work with a vpn. As it's late for me in uk I post a video later on around 1300 UTC

8. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    This is second city builder they done. The first is android only release.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Never looked at working around region locks, is it hard?

10. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Actually no its matter of finding a vpn app that connects to area you want to fool the game into thinking you are actually in PH as in case of city mania.

Nor do you need to jail break the phone to use a vpn app.

11. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    .which VPN did you use?
    I tried Vyper and it still didn't work

12. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    #12 hellscaretaker, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017

From the get go you know which game has inspired gameloft's City Mania. Those of you that play Ea's Simcity Buildit will be right at home with City Mania. It plays just like Sim City in the placing of factories, commercial the upgrading of homes by farming for the required items from the factories and commercial well you get the idea i'm sure from watching the video.

The first difference is "bizzies" these characters will help you improve the building they placed in. You get these from chests which can be either brought or from completing to Do list requirements but before you can use them you need to have enough of that bizzie via the clash royale method of leveling up that "bizzie" card.

Another of which is not in this video as this unlocked at level 14 is fusion of building. By placing together two similar level buildings you make a new one which can then be leveled up even more, its up to the player to find all the possible combinations.

As i said before City Mania plays just like SimCity Build it, yet i felt with CM i got a little farther into the game compared to SBI when i first sat down a played it.

Yes the game is online only which that will put a lot people off straight away and also for some odd reason the game is region locked to PH at present (need a persistent connection also to PH). Why i said odd cause unlike the New Orleans which needed a lot of work before it should of even been released this looks a solid build already.

Its about time we had someone bring out a game thats like Sim City and not like a lot of god awfully ones that are on the app store that just for me dont capture the spirit of game like Simcity.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Looking good, I hope it's out soon I'd like to play this one.

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just downloaded it and tried a few vpn apps, which one is the magic one hell?

15. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    I used cloudwallVPN downloaded from PH store. This was first one I come across that logs into a server in the Philippines.

The app is free to download which is supported by adverts. The app does auto disconnect from the server you vpn logged into after a few mins, all you have to do is reconnect via watching or display advert. But with CM being a game you likely to play a few minutes a time you find this won't get in the way.

Unlike forged in fight transformers, you will need to make sure VPN is running in background when you playing CM as it does check every time you log in you are in PH

16. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    There's a handful of free VPNs that don't require you to watch adverts. That sounds tedious hehe

17. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Impression update - At level 10 the game opens up a bit more and now starts to move away from being just a sim city game and starts to become a collectible game . The bizzie bureau opens up, now every day you can pick a bizzie you looking to collect for your city, from there you then do favours for bizzies in your city who reward you hearts get 50 hearts and that gives you 3 crystals as I call them to go to unlocking that bizzie you after.

I like this personally as it gives you something else to do in the city while you putting together the next upgrade to your houses. Plus it gives extra way of unlocking the bizzie characters which do add nice buffs to your buildings.

18. hellscaretaker

May 27, 2012
    Im sure there are it was the first that found that works for me so hey im happy but if someone has a better one then then im using then hey you welcome to post it

19. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    #19 KeKhan, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    I use Cloudwall VPN. No sign up, fast and easy to use, and only a simple banner ad on the connection page. Start it and forget it, no ads to watch or anything.
    There's also a number of them that give you a free trial for a week if you just want to check out the game. But Cloudwall works.

20. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    The bizzies (sim citizens) really add a lot of fun and layers to the game.
    Every building, not just the production buildings, can be staffed by a bizzie (or multiple bizzies in some cases) with various effects. Higher tier bizzies have more bonuses. Things like increased area of effect, added construction slots, reduced pollution, faster production times, etc etc.
    Your unlocked bizzies can be seen wandering around your city too, so as I have collected more the streets have gotten more lively.
    Each unlocked bizzie also contributes to an overall star level, with certain checkpoints along the way give you access to different buildings.
    You can even tap on a bizzie and zoom in to interact with them, which has a chance to give you money or upgrade items.
    Once you unlock quests you can send bizzies off on errands. There's a handful of different quest types, which give out different things like upgrade items, bizzie cards, etc.

Another really cool addition is the building fusion system. Once you have two buildings at a certain level, you can place them side by side and fuse them. You are given a choice for the upgrade path. There are 4 different upgrade paths. Each time you fuse a building, it adds points to the upgrade path you choose. As you level up that upgrade path you unlock special buildings unique to that path. These buildings have different effects on the buildings around them, like reduced energy and water needs etc etc.
    There are other ways to raise the level of an upgrade path too.

There's a lot of systems going on here, and I really love how they all interact. There are always multiple ways to grow in a specific area. It's a step up from SimCity Buildits relatively simple "craft and upgrade and repeat" approach.

Loving it