[Music] Turnado for iPad [$19.99 -> $9.99]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by primozz, Oct 25, 2013.

1. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#2 Habakuk, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Mmmos

HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Clearly one of the BEST music making apps for the BEST mobile music making operating system (by far)!!! Something very special believe me. Please don’t think that it’s just one out of dozens of similar audio effect apps.

A must-have when you love BREAKS (Wikipedia) & BEATS! And who doesn’t?! You don’t need to have any musical science knowledge to get astonishing results. Perfect for beginners and casual musicians (just swipe a bit in the pads and choose random effects setup, you only need some rhythm feeling that’s all), there are 30 short built-in factory loops of all styles (except classic and country maybe) to start with. Flawless as well for profs who want to study, compose and control everything (supports Audiobus and some other advanced connection techniques).

Experimental, if you let it. Be careful. You can stack up to eight wide-range effects simultaneously and will get some really distorted sounds (or no sounds at all) if you don’t be a tiny bit careful. Suits best to rhythmic electronic/dance music style (techno). Excellent and PRETTY user interface! Different views for portrait and landscape orientation. Enlarge (and minimize) the upper part in portrait orientation by double tap and swipe in the frame as inside an enlarged photo (easier to turn those virtual knobs). You can swipe and exchange the effects boxes. Change the behaviour of the pad’s movement points with the round knob besides (magnetic effect to zero position or not).

Detailed and polished iOS software. Good documented. Easily worth even the normal price.

(Tested on iPad 4, iOS 7.0.3. With reference headphones by Sennheiser and AKG. One crash to homescreen in 120 minutes. Can’t await iPad Air.)

Be WARNED! If you watch those videos you’ll have to buy!

Superb and illustrated Online Manual (38 pages PDF)

Review of Turnado @ musicapps.com

German-language review

Check out as well (all 50% sales, all-time best prices, partly not tested):

Thesys ($14.99>7.99)
    WOW2 Filterbox ($14.99>7.99 both iPad Retina and by the same dev as Turnado)

SQRT (free for a limited time obviously with $.99 IAP), try it in any case and support it if you like! Intuitive! (Universal)
    Reactable mobile (Universal $9.99>4.99)
    Studio 2 (iPad $9.99>4.99) but I have already Cubasis, BeatMaker 2, GarageBand…
    GarageBand by Apple (now free with IAP, Universal, highly recommended)
    Figure by Propellerhead, free until thursday, highly recommended)

PURE iOS POWER!!!

(My personal advice: Save on buying games. Get them for free. Use this very tA sales thread. But buy the best music making apps you can get. Become as creative as possible.)

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    So, you're telling me you like this, eh? :p

I have to admit, I'm powerfully tempted to pull the trigger on this one. Looks like sweet, unbridled loop tweaking fun to me.

4. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    WOW2 Filterbox is ONLY 7 bucks right now, kinda crazy since it's 100 bucks on Mac/PC. If you have Auria, the native Turnado and WOW Auria version will be free and unlocked since it recognizes that you have already bought the stand-alone plugs, which is a nice bonus..

5. Habakuk

#5 Habakuk, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    You nailed it. You’ll have pure & intuitive FUN with Turnado within thirty seconds. For hours and hours. Promised! Then import some fancy self-made synth loops, hit Record and make some real money if you want and if you aren’t too bad at it. Unbelievable what you can squeeze out of even older devices.

It’s the Asphalt 8: Airborne of the music making apps so to say… :D Pure hightech arcade fun.

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Turnado and WOW2 are easy to recommend, Thesys not so much, mostly because it has an interface that must mostly be used in zoom mode and it even features keys like ctrl/alt/shift/cmd. The app itself is great and unique, so still worth a look if you can manage with the poorly ported UI. Alternatives to Thesys are StepPolyArp, which recently got a sweet note probability feature added in an update, and Genome, which is sadly headed in DAW direction with its next update.

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Okay, so this is my second high priced music app purchase, I have no idea what I'm doing, but my young daughters love plying around with music. I have next to no skill with the process, but I hope my girls can use their piano prowess to create something.

So with that said, would this work as a companion to TC-11, and would anyone be willing to provide a few tips to set me down a good path to inter operate the two?

8. Habakuk

#8 Habakuk, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    Works well with TC-11, Audiobus and Turnado. And sounds GREAT!!!

Screenshots made with iPad 4 right now. Audiobus chain: TC-11 as input, Turnado as effects and Speakers Out.

[​IMG]

Audiobus bar and Turnado icon in TC-11:

[​IMG]

Start with Audiobus and open the other apps with the Audiobus app browser.

BTW: Bought WOW2 Filterbox as well. Thanks for the hint, chris1a!