Universal Puzzle Craft - (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 15, 2012.

1. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Dirt is just 10 coins. Seriously, you should be worrying about other materials like iron and silver.
    Sell 2 bread and you can afford 1 dirt.

What else are you going to spend your money on?

2. tripleeyedsnake

Aug 20, 2012
    Thanks Mr. Album, I appreciate your sight on things. It happened more than once that I bought a game even if the critics said "this and that is missing", just because I liked the approach of the developer. My thought on this is that I can add my money to enable and encourage small(est) developers to keep on doing what they did. If I found out that the critics where right and the game wasn't as deep as expected, I am fine with it (for now). I am looking for future releases of those that got my money. I mean, we are talking of cents, it doesn't hurt me but may sum up to a salary for those devs.

One of those games I bought even if they said it's becoming boring after a while is "Corpse Craft". I wanted to give my money to lovely graphics and a creepy idea.

I totally agree that you have to use your words. My favorite games are "Squids" and "Squids Wild West" and other puzzle or strategy titles. Whenever a problem occurred I wrote a message to the devs and got answer. That is what I like about the smaller studios: their close contact to the customers. As seen in this forum ;)

3. Lannosea

Lannosea New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    I've been playing puzzle quest for about 2 weeks. I like it, it has potential to be very interesting but it's so very slow. I'm losing a lot of items eg when mining because you need to pay a fortune to "save" them and I too thought I'd buy a few coins (though I hate IAPs generally) but I too have the message "connecting to server" which never ends. Is this Chillingo stealing money from gamers? It certainly seems like it. SHAME ON CHILLINGO.

4. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012

It's a bug in the game that is affecting some users. We should have the fix in today which means the issue will be resolved very soon. The developers and ourselves have been working round the clock to figure this out and rectify it. Appreciate it's frustrating but we're doing all we can to get this fixed you guys.

5. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Glad to hear it.

And as an aside, Chillingo will do well to smear honey all over the dev team of AT Games. They've made what is perhaps the best game ever released under the Chillingo brand. NEVER LET THEM GO! :p

6. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    I think smearing them with money might be more persuasive :D

7. Dan@Chillingo

Dan@Chillingo Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    We keep them locked up in a cellar here at Chillingo Towers. And there they shall stay!

8. ArsThanea

ArsThanea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Chillingo Towers are actually not a bad idea for the first update...

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    I am trying to prove that the game can be won entirely WITHOUT using the market. Thus, I don't want to buy dirt. ;)

10. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    I dunno what you're trying to prove here, that you're hardcore or plain stubborn to refuse using a game mechanic.

Why not try winning without hiring workers while you're at it. Or not using any tools? :)

11. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I keep forgetting to mention that the achievement "Where's my Cow" needs a rename to "Dude, where's my cow?"

12. joehunt

joehunt Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Is purchase of IAP not working at all? I want to support the devs, but also wouldn't mind getting my coins ...

Also, have I missed it or has this game not yet been reviewed here?

13. Behold

Behold Member

Mar 2, 2009
    I have already been billed by Apple for these IAPs. Will we get a refund or will the coins be "credited" to our games?

14. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey. Thanks for this. Today update with fixes is submitted to Apple so hopefully will show very soon.
    And Yes. The game wasn't reviewed by TA yet...

15. ArsThanea

Patreon Silver

Sep 9, 2010
    www.atgames.pl
    Warsaw, Poland
    For now I will suggested refund from Apple and as soon as the fix show up you can spend your money. Thanks!

16. nickydaewoo

nickydaewoo New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Issues with the game

Is anyone having any issues with their saved games loading up. I've been playing for about a week now and when I load up the game the marquee is just black and doesn't have my town name on it. When I click on continue it loads the map with nothing on it and a speech bubble that says "No String" and where my town name is supposed to be it just says (null).

Just wanted to post on here to see if anyone else was getting the same thing and if there was a fix for this. I really like this game and would love to continue playing it without having to start back over.

17. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    its a bug, and you will have to start over..

18. nickydaewoo

nickydaewoo New Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Well that really sucks :mad:

19. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    The developers have said that you might be able to keep your save if you don't start over before the patch comes out.

20. Hex Blade

Hex Blade Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I bloody well hope so!!! I've just had this happen to me and I've spent countless hours working on my village and it's all gone!

I know this game is only 69p and that I shouldn't moan. But when I've spend hours and hours on a village to just disappear its just not on.

I was really enjoying this game until now. So all I can do now is wait for the update in a hope that my village can be salvaged.

If not, I guess I'll have to start over constantly hoping it doesn't happen again and that will probably sour the whole experience which it kind of already has.

In the up coming update, they should add save files so that you can back up your village in case of errors like this.

I'm not happy, I wish I just stuck with puzzle quest 2 now instead of wasting my time with this!