Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-09-2014, 06:27 PM

Are you still beta testing this i wudnt mind doing so and leaving some impressions
Old 03-09-2014, 06:31 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhail View Post
Are you still beta testing this i wudnt mind doing so and leaving some impressions
Yup, just sent you a PM!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:54 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

There are only so many things to say about Hyper Square. You can talk about how it messed with your head (which it did). You can talk about the music, and how it can go from relaxing (main menu screen) to intense, fitting music (in-game) in just a matter of seconds. Needless to say, past level 1, you should not be playing this game for your 'moment of zen'.

And yes, this is a very good thing. Casual, yet challenging as the game progresses. That about sums Hyper Square up. When you start, you're merely sliding shapes into the box that matches it. Easy, right? So easy, even a caveman could do it...

And then you get to Level 2.

Not that this one is insanely difficult (that's why the game has 7 levels!), but a new concept is added: scaling. Yes, now you must upscale (or downscale) the shapes, and on some occasions, while still applying what you learned in level 1. And this method repeats for each level (though I've only unlocked level 3 as of right now, which is sliding, scaling, and rotation).

I could see this game appealing to many different groups, as many mobile gamers tend to enjoy casual yet challenging arcade games (hence the #1 app spot. Usually, anyway). Hyper Square does a good job of introducing you to easy game play, and giving you an increased challenge the longer you play. I got a lot of enjoyment out of playing this game, and I'll definitely continue to play the game and support the developers (along with unlocking level 7. Which I WILL do).

Excellent job, guys. I wish you luck with the release~!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:22 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbird1500 View Post
Excellent job, guys. I wish you luck with the release~!
Wow, thanks a lot Warbird for your detailed feedback! Please do try finishing the game and I would love to hear more of your thoughts on the later levels.

In the earlier stages of making this game, we were actually aiming for the masocore audience (simple but crazy hard), and thought it was the only way this type of game could work in. But then we quickly found out our interactions and system weren't actually say, simple enough. So we spent a huge amount of time trying to find a way to reiterate the game so it can appeal to both hardcore and semi-casual gamers, thus unlocking levels relies on an exp bar.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:49 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Wow, I really really love the changes you guys have made to this, everything from the gameplay to the icon, it feels like a whole new fresh game while keeping the elements from the last version what made it fun.
I love how you've divided the levels into phases, some of my data from the old version has carried over so I have a best score showing for levels 1to 5 but only able to play levels 1 to 4, I'll not spoil the mechanic introduced into the next levels for those that are new but they are listed at the start of the thread for anyone who wants to know.

I didn't think you'd be able to improve too much on the original but I was wrong. The whole thing feels a lot more polished, looks and feels a lot better. I'll play more into the game tomorrow and let you know if I manage to unlock past level 5.

Great job!
Old 03-11-2014, 03:25 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
HOLY ****. This is amazing.

It's soo god damn frantic but so smooth at the same time. The atmosphere is beautiful and the sounds and music make it a complete package.

This is ridiculously special, and the only thing similar I can think of is "Hundreds," but this is hundreds of times better.
omggg so much positiveness in you!! Thank you so much.

I'm so humble to be compared to hundreds, wish Hyper Square is 10% polish and successful as Hundreds.

Have you happened to play the later levels? (6-8), I'm actually really curious to know how people think about the level curve and variety in the later levels.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:33 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Nice threat, interesting very much before seen the trailer game. Looking forward to play.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:46 AM

Can I be a part of the beta testing
Old 03-11-2014, 12:45 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaknizzle345 View Post
Can I be a part of the beta testing
Absolutely! I'll send you a PM on the TestFlight info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynuyt View Post
Nice threat, interesting very much before seen the trailer game. Looking forward to play.
Thank you! We are really excited to release the game!

Last edited by szu75; 03-11-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 01:10 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudpuff View Post
Wow, I really really love the changes you guys have made to this, everything from the gameplay to the icon, it feels like a whole new fresh game while keeping the elements from the last version what made it fun...

...The whole thing feels a lot more polished, looks and feels a lot better. I'll play more into the game tomorrow and let you know if I manage to unlock past level 5.

Great job!
Thanks again for your feedback cloudpuff! You have no idea how much your positive thoughts on the game made our day better! Glad to know you like the phase change, we thought it give a better sense of improvement and goals instead of just a score.

I do suggest you delete the game and reinstall it though since it interferes with the unlocking mechanic which we spent a long time trying to improve on. And definitely try to play through the level past 5 since I just added them recently and I'm curious to know how you feel about them.

As for the icons... I'll just say that alone went though a lot of phases :P