DS rip off

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by spidey146, Sep 13, 2009.

1. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    I bought assasin's creed for DS the other day and it's the EXACT SAME THING on iPod touch, I could have saved $20! The only 2 games I know of on DS are assasin's Creed and bomberman 2, what other games are there and who else has made the same mistake?

2. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    That's why we listen to critic sites. ;\-

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    None and almost nobody. Well, Chinawars is apparently coming to the iPhone, but that's about it. EA should place a disclaimer on the AppStore description, but didn't you recognize the screenshots?

4. spidey146

spidey146 Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Sorry, I just wanted to see if anyone shared my pain, and no, I didn't, but they should write in the description if it's on another console or handheld

5. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    Chinatown Wars, wait for it on the itouch and then decide. Same with the rest.

Edit: I did the same thing as you, except in reverse, so i had already beaten the DS version by the time i played the iphone version. Iphone version pretty much butchered it with the control problems.

6. K7A7O7S

K7A7O7S Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Full time something...
    St Louis, MO USA
    When they brought Assassins Creed to the iphone, they said very clearly that it was a direct port from the DS. Follow the reviews.

7. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    I feel your pain. The other way around at least.

I was hoping Gameloft wouldn't port the DS one =P

8. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    No.
    That's why we don't own a DS ;)

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I love my DS. Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Scribblenauts. Quality games like that are wayyy better than iDevice games.

10. CaseyLay

CaseyLay Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Pokemon would be the only one I'd actually like out of those. In my opinion, Chronicles of Inotia 2 will be better than any Final Fantasy game in terms of play. Scribblenauts is really cool though. I think it would be awesome if it were on the iDevice though. Not saying that it's not awesome now. The iPhone would just be a good device for it.

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Why exactly would Chronicles of Inotia 2 be better than any Final Fantasy game on the DS?

I haven't read much on the second one, but the first one was not a pleasant experience.

I'm not a FF fan, but the DS does offer other RPG's that are way better than anything on the iPhone.

And again haven't played CoI 2 yet, since it's not out, but I'm not expecting much from it. RPG wise the DS is the king currently, when speaking of current handhelds.

12. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    I agree FF on DS is really good, plus DS has THE BEST puzzle game I have ever played... Professor Layton, and the new one came out just as I lost my DS.:(