SlotZ Racer HD (Free update, Universal)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Zwilnik, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

SlotZ Racer Caterham Special is (the one off promo version for Caterham Cars) but the SlotZ Racer HD update is a few weeks away yet.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just wondering what you get for owning the old version? Isit worth buying it or just waiting and buying all the IAP? From how good the Caterham version is I'll be wanting all the IAP on offer as you have my support.

I wish there had been a lite version of slotz as I would have bought it a long time ago.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Do you have your other iPhone?

Plug it in to your computer and in iTunes "Transfer Purchases" from it.

Also - you may still be OK, if the backup made had savegame data for SlotZ, it should still be there even if the IPA wasn't available to install from (i.e. if you went to install SlotZ, the app data would be there if that makes sense...)

4. Zwilnik

So far the extra pack for our long term fans includes a very mental extra car, an extra championship and the Pro Tune feature that normally comes with the IAP is also unlocked so you can swap out motors, tyres etc. I'm planning on adding in silly little extras as we go along for that too. Mostly it's a thank you for everyone who's bought and played SlotZ Racer over the last couple of years.

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    But will all these extra be available as IAP's in the new version or only for early buyers? Either way I'll be giving you my money just want to know if I'll be missing features not having the old version?
    Thanks.

6. Zwilnik

At the moment the plan is for these specific extras to only be available as a thank you to current players. The Pro Tuning feature is in both of the two IAP car packs though (There's going to be a Caterham Pack with all the cars from the Caterham Special game along with the Academy spec Roadsport and the new Caterham SP/300.R track car prototype and a Vintage Racers pack). Both packs will come with new cars and extra championships for them.

As there's a few players out there who have lost their original download for various reasons I'm looking at putting the game back on the store for a very short window so they can re-download it but I've got to check that can be done in a way that minimises new players accidentally buying it without realising it's going to switch to free almost immediately. In theory feasible if we're allowed to change the app description to something like "Please do not purchase this at this time, it's just about to switch to free" :)

7. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Ok thanks. I'm so torn between what to do but I think I'll just wait for the new version and get the IAP's
    It's all sounding really good at the minute. A vintage pack will be sweet.

8. marticus

marticus New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Unfortunately the old phone is no longer with us... Hopefully the save game was transferred in my backups!

This would be fantastic for those in my situation.
    Is there any way to enable re-download of past purchases though iCloud without making the app available on the store proper?

9. Zwilnik

Actually, it looks like Apple already have this solved. It's still apparently showing in the Purchased list for you to redownload over iCloud on the App Store on my iPad and I was able do install it from there.

10. marticus

marticus New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Found it!

Right you are, I was able to download the game from my purchase history.
    One thing to note if you need to let other customers know about this trick is that searching for it in purchase history doesnt return any results. I has to sort by purchase date, locate the iTunes receipt in my inbox, and scroll all the way to the date of the purchase (back in January, 2009 for me)

Anyway, thanks for the assistance. I look forward to the update coming out in the coming weeks.

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Is there any chance we will be able to slow the whole game down. As after playing the Caterham version it's all really fast and I wouldn't mind the gameplay being a bit slower. Just a thought as I've never seen cars take hairpins that fast before :)
    I like trying to drift the cars and actually see them going round the track where at the minute it's blink and they have done a lap.
    Don't take this the wrong way I still love it, just a thought that's all.

12. Zwilnik

That's the only downside of writing a special edition version that uses some of the fastest cars in the game. Caterham only make fast cars ;) (the R500 is still one of the fastest cars Top Gear's Stig has tested on their track and it took the lap record at this year's Top Gear Live show)

In the full version there are much slower cars as well as specific drifting ones and you also have scale speed options. I'll have a think about adding the scale speed option into the Caterham Special version too.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Seriously is there nothing you haven't thought of for the full version? I really can't wait. Everything I've thought of and asked for its always a yes sure that's in the game.

14. marticus

marticus New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Any chance that the new universal version will support syncing of save games across multiple devices?
    If the game is going universal with AirPlay etc I would love to be able to play the same championship at home on my iPad and on the rod on my phone.

15. who

who Member

Jan 15, 2012
    I recognize that there's a Caterham Special app out in the App Store now. Gonna give it a shot. :)

16. Zwilnik

I'm looking at the possibility of iCloud based game saves. In theory easy enough and it already has GameCentre awards and leaderboards working.

Well worth grabbing a copy of the Caterham Special version as it's a lot of fun and has some great cars (just spent a really fun few days demoing SlotZ in party mode with a bunch of lunatic pro drivers in Caterhams wheelspinning and doughnutting around a track behind us at the Autosport International Show). Plus it shows off some of what's coming in the HD version. (if you saw us at the show you'll have got a sneak peak of the update on the big screen ;) )

17. Zwilnik

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice. I watched the vid the other day. Looked like it was fun.

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Any news on when we will be getting our hands on this?

20. Zwilnik

Work's progressing well on it, and we've even started on some localisation (Italian, German, French & Spanish so far). Aiming for the initial update submission in early February and probably a point update soon after.