Super Turbo Action Pig HD Trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fully Illustrated, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fully Illustrated

Sep 17, 2009
    Gaming and movies!
    UK
    Hey Everyone,

Its Mike here from The Joystick Generals. I just wanted to drop a quick post to show off our kick ass new HD trailer for our new game Super Turbo Action Pig!

Feedback from our beta testers and previews around the web have so far been very, very favourable, so hopefully your all going to love this fun little pick up and play game!

Some people have already commented on the Touch Arcade forums about the art style, so just to confirm to the question, yes, I was the artist behind the Trenches :) I loved working on that game!

You can read loads more about us and the game over at our killer new site www.joystickgenerals.com.

We'd love to hear what you think of the trailer too, so feel free to drop us some comments back either here, on youtube or directly.

The game was submitted last night, so hopefully you'll be able to get your hands on it pretty soon.

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the trailer.

Mike.

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I really like the artwork:) I'll be looking forward to the release. Thanks for posting.

Richard

3. oaqque

oaqque Well-Known Member

:) i love the art :)

4. Player 02

Player 02 New Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Which one?
    Philly Area
    Stap

Looks epic. Love the sense of humor. Very casual, yet elegant. Best of luck!

Player 02
    Thumb Arcade

5. Sqrudy

Sqrudy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Pig Game

Love the artwork!! Looks great!

6. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    I'm such a fan of you guy's art. Buying on the first day!!!

7. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I love the art work as well. Is the game going to play right to left?

8. Apollon

Apollon Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Great artwork, catchy tune...

This game will definitely beat Doodle Jump once it hits the App Store!

All the best guys!

9. Fully Illustrated

Sep 17, 2009
    Gaming and movies!
    UK
    Thanks for the feedback!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the awesome feedback! As you may have gathered, we have put a heck of a lot of time, effort and polish into this little baby. It's ace to see great feedback like this as it makes it all worth it :)

Regarding the right to left question, yes indeed, we decided to throw a bit of a curve ball on the play mechanic and reverse the 'usual' direction. It actually makes it a little more interesting as it challenges your regular way of thinking.

The other reason was as most folks are right handed, and prefer to use their right thumb, if the button stayed where it was, and the direction of the game was the other way around, it would have obscured the objects coming on screen, which in easy mode isn't an issue, but on hard, man, it would make it impossible to avoid those dastardly mines :)

I'm not saying this next comment in a 'check us out' kind of way, but the game has had us the developers, and our testers enjoying the game for quite a few months. We've really worked hard to make sure the whole experience makes you want to return to it over and over again.

What you don't see here is the death sequence...its rather special ;) But we're leaving that part as surprise, you don't get to see that until you play it :)

If anyone has any other questions, fire away.

Thanks again!

Mike.

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i can't wait 'til we get to play it!

11. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    There should be something in the options menu that allows for left to right control.

12. Fully Illustrated

Sep 17, 2009
    Gaming and movies!
    UK
    Hey Doodlejumper,

Yeah that's a great idea, we'll look to do that in a future update as we have all kinds of goodies in-store ;)

We plan to work with our future players as much as possible, so when we get a number of repeated feature requests, we're going to do all that we can to include them in our updates. I personally love it when developers create updates that answer the needs of the player...so when we set out to create this game, we said to ourselves that we would do the same.

Thanks for the idea.

Mike.

13. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

14. Fully Illustrated

Sep 17, 2009
    Gaming and movies!
    UK

15. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

yeah, i was kidding. pretty excited though!

16. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    I bet the guys from Pig Rush would be up for a crossover.

17. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I've had some time with this game and I must say that it's fun. If you like iCopter or any type of game of those sorts, this is one for you. Along with beautiful artwork, it has OpenFeint implemented to add tons of replay value. Good game, one that casual gamers will find quite interesting.

18. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

YOU LUCKY... *comment has been removed due to vulgarity*

19. Fully Illustrated

Sep 17, 2009
    Gaming and movies!
    UK
    Yeah, quite possibly. We couldn't believe it when another piggy game arrived in the App Store a couple of weeks ago...we really thought that our porky hero was about to have an action genre of his own...pipped to the post I guess ;)

Maybe we're about to see a new crazy trend, pigs instead of zombies...hold on, how about zombie pigs ;)

Mike.

20. Apollon

Apollon Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Zombie pigs would be a nice addition I guess...

On another note: We need to start a petition for Apple to speed up the approval process so that STAP takes the iPhone/iPod by storm ; )

Fares