Super Mario 3D World

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Gryphon, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
  2. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    I'm pretty sure I'll be buying a wii u now, but not just because of this game.... it's the revelation of being able to play the games on the gamepad that really sells it to me. Alright, the gamepad display isn't hd, but I can see a lot more people picking one up with the forthcoming releases.

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    The graphics on the gamepad actually look really good sometimes they look better then my hd tv.

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Agreed. I keep trying to calibrate my TV to look like the Gamepad, but since I know nothing about calibration, I can never get it to look good enough for my liking :p

At the moment, it seems the reds are washed out and the greens are too... green.

But it's all right. I barely notice when I'm actually playing. I've gotten to World 3 now, all stars up to the first ghost house (HOLY CRAP THAT LEVEL IS COOL), and I'm still loving it.

So happy I got it early, too. What an awesome game to get early :)

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I ordered a Windwaker Wii U console. Now I need to find a good deal on SM3DW! :)

6. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Well you called it, as that bundle goes on sale this Friday, in the uk at least.

Windwaker is amazing. I played through way back on the cube, so not sure i would see out another playthrough, but fantastic game. :)

7. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    ^^well that's great to hear! What % of games would you say can be played 'offscreen' on the pad? Can you also play indie titles on it etc?

8. hokasbin

hokasbin New Member

Nov 28, 2013
  9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Got my Windwaker console. I love the box design, especially actually the back of it, which was what I saw first (and hadn't seen before). I think I'll cash in the $30 coupon I have for 2 years of Best Buy Unlocked and then buy SM3DW as my first game for 20% off.

10. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Gotta love black friday, i got £50 off the premium pack with nintendoland at amazon. Also picked up mario 3d, cod-ghosts and wii party u, plus the pro controller and a nunchuck! Kinda got a bit carried away :D

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Just bought this and pikmin at toys r us love the buy one get one 40% off deal! Couldn't pass it up