Support our Sponsors:

Old 09-08-2013, 08:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goko View Post
We have consumable items available for purchase – Zaps. However, to be honest, we’ve not done a great job integrating the Zaps into the play experience.
Define "Zaps" please. Thanks.

I'd love to participate in any beta.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Zaps are used only in the adventure mode (at least in the web version). It's basically a campaign mode with a series of levels with stars and coins to collect. You start the game with 10 cards: 7 money cards and 3 victory point cards. You can spend these money to make starting card better ( money card worth 2 points instead of 1). Also you can use zaps to make bots starting hand worse (exchange victory card for a curse). When you start playing the adventure mode, both you and the bot have the same 10 cards, but later the computer has better and better cards, so it's near impossible to beat them. It's a nice feature to train, but the difficulty ramps up quite quickly.

But the meat of Dominion is the multiplayer and in it there are no zaps. Players start with same cards and you can't use zaps. The only thing you have to buy are the expansions... For 45$...

PS I really hope they will make it cheaper...
Old 09-11-2013, 02:13 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozz84 View Post

But the meat of Dominion is the multiplayer and in it there are no zaps. Players start with same cards and you can't use zaps. The only thing you have to buy are the expansions... For 45$...

PS I really hope they will make it cheaper...
Say what? $45 each!? I just checked on Amazon and that's pretty much the physical board-game cost! Or do you mean the total cost for all the expansions is $45? If the former, then no fricking way! If the latter, then providing that you can purchase on an individual basis, the cost is acceptable.

Appreciate the head's up on zaps. Glad to hear that it is just for the campaign mode and doesn't affect online multiplay.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:41 PM

45$ for all of the expansions Just go to goko.com and check the game for free. The web interface works on ipad, so you could have a preview of the app. I doubt it will look any different than the browser game.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:58 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Beta tester

If you are still looking for beta testers, I have an iPad 2 and an iPhone 5 both running ios7, am an app developer myself so I know what to look for and how to report it, and I've used TestFlight before. Shoot me an email if you want.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:42 PM

Default When?

"This fall".... We're already in February of the following year and no sign
Old 02-01-2014, 06:00 PM

Well I was (am?) a beta tester and nothing new has come out since Mid to late October. So something is going on and sadly not the app.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:37 AM

Goko (web) still have the same three games to play and the same "coming soon" list they have had since day1. The sooner they go to the wall the better. Hopefully then RioGrande will sell the licence to a decent developer. Goko's HTML5 model with a "VP of monetisation" stinks
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohat View Post
Goko (web) still have the same three games to play and the same "coming soon" list they have had since day1. The sooner they go to the wall the better. Hopefully then RioGrande will sell the licence to a decent developer. Goko's HTML5 model with a "VP of monetisation" stinks
If you think that whatever developer gets it isn't going to focus on monetization, then think again. That shit is here to stay, unfortunately. Did you know that games are being "developed" by psychologists, now?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I disagree. If an entity like Playdek had Dominion, it could be done like Acsension or Nightfall or Penny Arcade. Monetization always seemed like a bad fit for Dominion, anyway, which was one of the many problems with the Goko model.

Unfortunately, the term of the Goko deal with the license was something like 5 years, and apparently there is no means of bailing on that (or you'd think Rio Grande would have done so by now). So we still have a while to wait for Dominion to get into some better hands. And by then, who knows if we'll even care much, anymore. I still play it once in a while, but have definitely missed the opportunity to be able to play it any time (esp. offline) on my iPhone/iPad.