Universal Construction Simulator 2014 By astragon Software GmbH

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 17, 2013.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    How's the performance on iPad 3? I've played a few games like this and most of them suffer with bad frame rate.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Now I know I like this game but I'm finding it hard to believe what I just saw when I went to the App Store (UK)
    Construction simulator number 1 on the all apps chart, not just games??

Attached Files:

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Those Astragon Franchises are huge. Still suprised that some wondering why the Game is up there in the Top Ten in Germany, Great Britain,...

Not at all. Those Games are actually really cheap compared to what I used to spent during the 80'/90' . Those Imports often made me cry when I had to spent more then I had saved up in a Month :D

It`s not a big Deal :D

4. Allisonaxe

Allisonaxe New Member

May 8, 2012
    How well does this play on iPad 2? Really wish I could upgrade, but im stuck with this for now....

5. gansta

gansta Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I'm playing the game on my ipad 3 and no issues at all. Performance is great. I've been playing the game for the past week and no hick ups.

6. JJE

JJE Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Artist
    Boston, Massachusetts
    I'm playing on an ipad2 and I'm having a good time with it.
    The sheer number of machines you can get is really nice. I have to admit I am looking forward to handling a tower crane.
    So far I have the crane truck, the roller, and I just bought the half pipe. Plus all the smaller stuff.
    There is no need for extra coins. The game scales it's payouts as the tasks become more complex.
    Got a speeding ticket too. Now that was a laugh.
    I liked Farming Sim and Construction Sim is bigger and better.
    3 out of 5 stars
    A low rank, sadly because it's seriously glitched. As I bought more vehicles I started getting more crashes. Using the feature to transport truck back to the construction company almost guarantees a crash.
    Load times are very long and the on screen controls are far too sensitive. As well, there's issues with the follow camera not following. Finally, once, I loaded the excavator onto the flatbed incorrectly and the whole mess started flying around town, crashing into stuff until I eventually got it under control. Wheeee.

TLDR: this is a really nice app if you put up with the problems. Similar problems plaged Farming Sim and they did get patched. So I have high hopes this will get patched as well. Top notch graphics and trucks.

I hereby declare I have discovered an new genre of game: German Mundane. I'd like to see their entire catalog on iOS.
    OFAP

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmm just as a note on iPad4 I haven't had a single crash :D

8. JJE

JJE Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Artist
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Yet another reason to pick up an iPad Air. Like I needed another reason.

9. ipad2user

ipad2user Well-Known Member

May 9, 2013
    Crashes like hell on my ipad2. tis a cool sim but you get to the point where its crashing so much its not worth playing.

10. JJE

JJE Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2012
    Artist
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Two things I've learned:
    I now understand why all construction drivers go like maniacs.
    and...
    German drivers are just plain nuts. If they ever add damage to this game I'm going after all of them with the large excavator. Pass me on the right will'ya?

11. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    just gone on sale if anyone is interested

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Is this 64 bit??

13. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Is it?