Universal Table Top Racing Premium Edition (by Playrise Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 27, 2014.

1. nburcombe

nburcombe Well-Known Member

1.3 fixes this issue - please update to the latest version. Thanks for your patience

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Trying out the new version on my ipad 3. Looks wonderful. I am reminded that I have butter thumbs and so am needing to work on my boosts and drifts, but is great fun. You guys nailed it. I truly hope this ones a winner for you.

3. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i might take a look into that :D. thanks for the hint.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I appreciate Playrise Digital for trying to make reparations and circling back and offering codes to early adopters who paid for the game in full. I'm pleased with this latest version. The graphics seemed to have been amped up compared to its previous iteration. Good stuff indeed.

5. nburcombe

Thanks ColeDaddy - it definitely is the best version to date. Glad you're enjoying it again.

6. nburcombe

Hahahaha. Butterthumbs! That's amazing. Love it. Can't wait to use it in an interview at some point in the future. ;) cheers chap. Put a smile on my face

7. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Glad I helped your day.
    Played a couple hours. Some of those timed tracks demand some serious perfection of lines and timing, especially with that huge ice cream truck! :D

The racing can really get my teeth gritting. One second I'm out front in first, then I'm back in 6th place. I really like the power ups don't seem to be linked to what position you are in, so being last won't necessarily net a boost, and being first doesn't net a bomb - seems random, which is what it should be.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Definately liking the coin rewards better in this version. Seems more plentiful!

9. nburcombe

Well the timings are all possible - make sure you keep upgrading the car as you go. Also some of the three star challenges will at some point require some Boing Wheels and a bit of out-of-the-box thinking so to speak.

And - further to your remark about weapon weighting - the weighting only really comes in in multiplayer to keep the race interesting....but it's not a foregone that you'll always get something useful even if you're at the back or out in front. It can be completely random still.

10. nburcombe

The coin rewards have remained the same, but the price of everything has been reduced, so effectively you're getting more for your victories and more importantly - more for your 2nd and third places - proportionally speaking. This means that if you're struggling - you're not grinding for ages to get the next upgrade.

11. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Thank you for releasing a premium version! Gonna grab it right now. I'm looking forward to playing a racing game without a paywall. It's been a very long time, indeed...

12. nburcombe

Your very welcome and thank you for the support. It means a lot.

I wonder if there is someone over in the USA that can tell us what chart position in Racing TTR:pE is on the iPhone. We can see it's about number 7 on iPad, but the report we have say it's languishing at 228 on iPhone. I know it didn't pick up the same front page feature as iPad, but I just wonder if someone can confirm for us. It'll be really interesting to see the difference. Thanks folks.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm playing this much more. Bought the premium version (i didnt wait for that time when it was free for a day or so). Sometimes wish a map could be displayed in the corner but then again its more trickier without one at times.

Great console style graphics and controls very well. Best Mario Kart style racer on my phone. Thanks for the premium version

14. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Appreciate the premium version as well. Although I've the older version decided to go ahead and purchase the premium to be supportive. Just getting into the game but from all the positive posts I've read I'm in for some quality gaming.

15. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    I purchased the original back around the release. So if you have any left, I'll definetely take one (I haven't gotten around to give the first, now ad and freemium, a proper spin yet). PM me if you want the receipt.

16. nburcombe

PM me if you want a code - I've manage to free some more up from the jaws of our PR plan ;)

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Exactly, I dont remember getting that much so that was nice to see.

18. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Great, sent you a PM.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So I am curious about the grinding. I have not really paid attention, but it seems that if I get the second place prize (I have not yet got third in any race) and I race again and come in second again - I don't get any more coins or experience - I just come in second again and retry the race. The only way it seems that I get more money is to come in first - but if I re-do the race, I don't get any more money. How is it possible to grind?

20. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Hi Nick. Any chance of re-introducing icloud saves? Perhaps an integration where you manually save and load your profile would counteract any issues that players had with the previous version (though I personally never had issues with the previous version). Cheers.