Dark Legends - (by Spacetime Studios) [Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

2. vibliribland

vibliribland Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Cinematic trailers are the WORST thing in the video game industry

They tell you nothing about the game, all they do is give you wrong expectations.

On the plus side. Nice to see that they are making a new pockets-game, I enjoyed pocket legends a lot.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I agree with all three paragraphs. All of it.

4. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Lol I will never understand people on this forum. It's an announcement trailer &$@);?!

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL... If you want people to buy your product, you give them an idea as to what the product can offer so the buyers will have something to look forward to. Giving them a release date for a teaser does virtually nothing.

A teaser with a release date usually works with sequels, where the customers already know some bits and pieces about the product.

If this wasnt made by Spacetime Studios, i should have ignored this completely. Those who havent heard of the devs or their games probably have done so already. :D

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    But announcement trailers are a waste of money, spend that half day developing a video on something else. Just tell us the date and a video of a screenshot or two would help so much more.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Exactly. Cinematic Trailers make no sense. What do we know from this game? Not much. Heck this could even be a freemium title where we maintain a graveyard. Goddamn, if u want people to get excited, at least tell what kind of it is instead of laying outthe plot.

8. elisha11230

elisha11230 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    #8 elisha11230, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    ya cinematic trailers arent the greatest, but im pretty sure this game will be exactly the same as pocket legends and star legends, but with a vampire theme, both free to play games which in my opinion actually work, although they did mention some kind of energy system, I hope its not the kind of energy system that other free to play games have that limit you from playing unless you pay money, that would kill the game for me.

9. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    where is my post?:(

10. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    The ruined a perfectly good U2 song :(

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    U2 song?!?! Man, that kind of ignorance is just depressing.

Announcement trailers exists because they work: they get people's attention, set the mood, give you an idea of the overall feel of the game. Obviously they need to be followed by gameplay footage/trailer, but, as Dead Island showed, a good CGI trailer can actually put a game on the map that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Obviously a few very vocal people hated, but if "a few vocal peopleā€ reflected reality at all, Modern Combat 3 would have been the biggest flop of last year. And we all know how that went ;).

12. knighthalo123

knighthalo123 Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    LOl this looks so similar to pocket heroes and space legends...

13. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Not out on iOS for another 2 weeks champ. Looks like its out for browser based though.

It actually looks a little more flowing than pocket legends. I might have to check it out. It looks like the combat is a little more dynamic than pocket legends system of stand around and wait when killing mobs.

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well liked the look of that gameplay video, love the graphics and the characters you can choose. Hope it plays well, impressed by that video though

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011